Menu
Expat.com

Apostille process from abroad

Last activity 04 July 2024 by CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

Gylla

Hi all👋🏼

Has anyone successfully had their documents apostilled online? I’m living in the DR full time and need my birth certificate and certificate of single status translated, apostilled and notarized. I’ve found some websites that claim to be able to do all three online, but I’m a little nervous because they’re expensive and I want to make sure I’ll recieve the documents here when they’re mailed to me in DR through EPS.

Im sorry if there is already a thread for this- I searched but couldn’t find any!

bryankieronlynch

Wedo.com.do

THEY WERE AMAZING. They prepared all my documents for my wedding with no mistakes and on time. They are located in Texas. I dont know about online because they need original documents to Apostille. You can't Apostille a copy. Call them they are legit.

janinecrenshaw

@Gylla  I had to get someone to do it for me because it's hard doing it online the mailing system in DR is not that great

janinecrenshaw

@Gylla I don't know where you are from but I do have number that they can do it for you the guys in florida

GuestPosterR2506

@Gylla hi. I did some research about companies that apostille documents on line I didn’t want take a chance and loose them so I did all my documents back home in Boston

rdumit

@Gylla go to the state's website where you were born to find a link to apostille documents. In my case, I sent a Birth certificate to the New Jersey treasury department and they apostilled for $25 dollars

bryankieronlynch

It does take time though some states won't expedite.

Olga M. Vinas

Dear Expats,

On Apostilles > It has to be requested IN THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN for International use when you apply for any Vital Document. Also for any type of Business Document or Certification.

THEN..., these documents will have to be translated by a Certified Translator from the COUNTRY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.

If you translate in your country, translation will not be accepted (this rule is followed by most countries). ONLY Certified Translators from the particular country are accepted (there is a required signature validation process, of course). Professional Translators will not stamp translations made by a third party.

I do collaborate through a 'commissioned translation of EXOTIC LANGUAGE to English' and I am always looking for NATIVE SPEAKERS of such exotic languages.PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH PERSONAL CONTACT INFO!

Thank you,

planner

Anyone wishing to contact Olga, please use the private message system!

ondami

Good day all, I hope this message finds you all doing well.

I am going to be applying for the Pensionado Visa in the next six months or so and I know I have to get my documents apostilled.  The question is, which documents exactly do I need to get apostilled? 

I have a pretty good idea of which documents need to be apostilled; however, wanted to see if anyone truly knows.

Below is the list of documents I am supposed to provide as per the Visa Application form from the DR Consulate in NYC.

1. Birth Certificate
  2. Passport
  3. Driver's License
  4. Letter of Guarantee
  5. Application letter
  6. FBI background check (certificate of good conduct)
  7. Medical certificate (letter of good health from my doctor)
  8. Letter of Financial Solvency
  9. Proof of Retirement

As always, thank you for your time and assistance.

Have a super-fantastic day!

CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

@ondami

All federal issued documents.

1. Birth Certificate

2. FBI background

3. SSA Documents proof of SSA payment.

(Note: it is important on your SSA documents that they are signed ( first intial and last name of the SSA official that signs it) and stamped by your local SSA office) The state department will no longer accept what we have online available from SSA unless it is physically signed and stamped by SSA on SSA letterhead.

As always check with legal advise and the DR Consulate you are working with. Each DR Consulate has some small difference in requirements

aurincdisla

@Gylla hi there, I recently had a power of attorney Apostille online through the ”Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores”, my document was all in spanish, it only took 3 days,  after submitting the document for review if all looks good you will

receive an email confirmation and thats when you pay for the service, you will receive another email letting you know your document is ready to be downloaded, it was supper easy!

Not sure if its ok to post their website here but here you go:

https://servicios.mirex.gob.do/verifica … dcc628f9e9

bman

@aurincdisla

what did they charge you for the service?

CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

@aurincdisla

Thats great information after he gets his USA documents and Apostille by the State Department.

Then the next step after that is completed is to get them all translated to Spanish by a certified DR translator.

Then submitted to the local Consulate he is working with.  Some Consulate will complete the translation and Apostille for various fees.

After he completes the USA first step that to may be an option after translated to Spanish

CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

@Gylla

Are they USA ,  American or European documents?

aurincdisla

@brandonleverett

750 Dominican pesos 

aurincdisla

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

Thank you Chris, I was not aware of the USA extra step, I went straight to the Dominican consulate in New York City, they also offered the translation service, it was a one stops shop sort of thing, this particular document was already in spanish but during this process they have assisted me with document translation such as a family member’s death certificate from the 70s (from english to spanish as they passed away in NYC).

ondami

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56 thank you for the information.  my pension is not SSA; rather, via Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) a non-federal entity.

bman

@aurincdisla

thank you nice lady!

CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

@ondami

It will still need to be appostile and translated.

I assuming now by the state, but not a lawyer just an assumption since not Federal.

sparks1093

Speaking of pensions a question just came into my caffeine deprived brain- I will have two sources of pension but as long as one of them meets the requirement I should only need that one certified for the visa, is that a correct presumption? Either of my pensions would by themselves qualify us.

CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

@sparks1093

My assumption would be "yes" but would pose that question to a DR legal advisor, as here in the DR policies change daily and even different answers by government officials.

ondami

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56 gracias.

DRVisitor

Just remember on the spanish translation if done in USA it has to be apositilled (on the signatures) on the certified translation. It is easier to get translated in DR then go thru the process in USA.

CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

Also as an option most DR Consulate in the US offer translation and DR appostile service for  fee after properly completed in the US and US appostile on the required US documents

SandyS_retired

@sparks1093  I'm retired military.  I draw a pension from the military but I also receive VA compensation.  My retirement pay alone met the minimum requirement for a retirement visa, so that is the only income I used on my application.  I did not mention my VA compensation. 

The thing to remember is, you have to provide documentation that shows the source of your income.  With my retirement pay, that was easy - a Verification of Pay letter.  Documenting the source of my VA compensation would have been more difficult. 

CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

@SandyS_retired

As long as it met the requirements of the VISA and Residency type applied for you should have no worries on the income part/requirement.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Dominican Republic

All of the Dominican Republic's guide articles