Moved or moving abroad to a country of your ancestry/lineage?

Hi everyone! I'm a journalist currently working on an International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) story about people who have immigrated/relocated to a country where they have ancestral/lineage ties. I got curious about this after I moved from the United States to Germany almost four years ago. It is interesting to return to a country you are supposed to belong to as a descendent yet are functionally a foreigner.

If you made or are making this move, I would love to hear about your journey, experiences and why you chose to make such a move.

@jessicajourno

Hi Jessica

In the entire Caribbean, the people have ancestry whether it is from Africa, Chinese, Indonesian, or East Indians. The history of this lineage in Suriname dates from 200 years to African ancestry to 170 years for Chinese and 150 years for Indians and a similar period for Indonesian

The colonial rulers have been Dutch or British and both have left a deep impact on the way the life of these people evolved over the years. It's a strange relationship that shows a desire to be proud to be of lineage but at the same time keep their local identity intact there has been little migration in the country of ancestors though connect remains strong. This means old tradition remains protected though they changed in the ancestral country its to hinge to the past and that way with their generations

It is an interesting study when there is a demand for reparations from colonial rulers this paradox need intense study. Hopeful you will do the justice.

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR