Regulation of termination for personal use

My LL called me yesterday informing me that he needs my house for family use. We agreed for 3 month till I have to be out of the house. As I wished, today he send me a handwritten letter :.."reg. our conversation yesterday...", the word "TERMINATION for personal use" doesn't appear.   ( I believe there is more behind)

What are the regulations / law for termination for personal use in Cyprus?

What will happen if I don't find anything (petfriendly) which I can afford within 3 Month?

Only ever heard of a similar phrase in a contract to avoid a tenant using a residential property for business usage..

In my opinion there is a lot of this happening right now as landlords get greedy for higher rents as the cost of living bites hard...it's a common reason landlords use to terminate a contract early in order to re rent (after the tenant has left) at a considerably higher rental rate.. usually one that the existing tenant is known to not be able to afford.....

What does your contract say...was the contract legalised.. not that it matters much as contracts here these days are virtually worthless.....

Wasn't legalized.  1 year contract which automatically renewed.

2 month notice. Nothing written about rental increase .

You wrote originally in August last year it's now May..  ?

If he hasn't issued a new contract at each year end then original contract should stand. It would be expected and normal for a slight increase in rent but if it hasn't been increased over a period of time then a reasonable increase should be expected.

Is this still a problem or have you since moved on ...

Be aware though laws changed to be more in favour of landlords than tenants

I moved on, in time! And Im happy up in Amargeti.

After weeks of horror, viewing - petfriendly - houses/cottages  between Polis and Limasol, either twice my rent (or more) or the previous tenants seemed to have been goats or sheep's! Unbelievable "accommodations"! I have seen myself already staying in my car with my 2 little dogs - A nightmare imagination. Alone I could have stayed with friend's, but not with 2 doggies. Than I called a number on a nice house in Amargeti and this worked out! Paying the same rent  - I even could reduce the rent: paying 6 month rent up front. 2 years fixed rental then 7 % yearly increase.

I could say my previous LL did me a favor as now I have a much bigger outdoor area, my own orange and clementine tree and even a small part of real garden to plant! After Peyia I wanted to move to a real village anyway, just not under such conditions. 22 minutes to Paphos, excellent road up.

And guess what? my Peyia house is rented out to the double of my rent.

Visit me!

Sadly that is the case now ..greedflation has taken over.

Peyia is more of a small town now... But still has a village feel.in the centre which is where we are now..

We spent tuesday to Friday this week over on the east side of the island exploring the "red soil" villages, it's nice but but for us it just didnt give us what we were looking for .. Horses for courses I guess ..  it's not for everyone... ...same as peyia...