Menu
Expat.com

Hello negavtive SCAR

Last activity 14 September 2023 by XTang

Applearmy

Hello negative in all test but still unfit due to SCAR in xray what should i do, done follow up test all are negative but still UNFIT

XTang

Nothing. That is the regulation in UAE.  For new visas, if you have a lung scar and they diagnose it as past TB, you will not get a visa.  Just move on with your life and try elsewhere.

Eme Yarn

if i may ask, what is the nature of your work?

Cheryl

Hello Eme Yarn,

Are you too undertaking the same process right now? 1f914.svg

Eme Yarn

@Cheryl yes i will be taking it next week. others got very lucky with lung scars and got visa while others are not. just wondering if the nature of work has a huge part in this. i will just be in office work so unsure if i will be lucky enough to pass the medical

XTang

I answered on your other thread.  This has nothing to do with the job industry or luck.  This is medical science and I tried to explain it in simple layman terms.

What you and many others don't realize, is, simply this:

Medically speaking, there could be a number of reasons for scars in the lungs.  Lung scars present differently for different conditions.  Usually TB scars are very distinctive but quite a few times, the severity of the disease and scarring presents differently i.e. some people may not have distinctive scars or have minor scarring.  As I have repeatedly said over the years, lung scars in itself is NOT the issue.........the issue is what they are DIAGNOSED as.   If the doctors diagnose it as past TB due to distinctiveness, then you won't get a visa.  If they rule out TB, then you will get a visa.   Many times, they will do sputum or other tests but will still diagnose it as TB whereas other times they won't (there are a LOT of factors behind this e.g. where the patient is from......if you are from the sub-continent then TB being endemic is more likely than, say, asbestos or pneumonia etc).   EVERY SINGLE CASE IS DIFFERENT.

You cannot take someone else case as a reference point and draw conclusions.  Also, drinking milk or other home remedies has zero impact on scars under modern radiology.  The reason why some people get through with scars and some don't - is listed above.  It's a medical diagnosis reason, nothing else.

I have tried to explain this in layman terms so you understand.  Doctor's would understand easily what I have said above.

Applearmy

@XTang The doctor told me if i have spouse visa, investor visa or diplomatic passport those are exempted. This is just for others informations. But yeah so far Ive tried so many contacts and ways went to the doctor with my employer it didn't work out. Its just really sad I have been living here for more than 15 years and just because I left last year stayed in my country for 10 months, I was consider as new visa, Old scar was 20 years ago. Al most half of my life were here. Unfortunately my plans things turn out unexpectedly .Life must go on and god has always the best plans , so who ever is facing the same issues like me Cheer up- life doest stop from here. The most important is we are healthy and can still do others things..smile.png....

Applearmy

@Eme Yarn hi office..smile.png

Applearmy

@Eme Yarn Hope turn out okay for you smile.png

XTang

It is exempted for spouse visa and diplomatic.  Not for investor.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Dubai

• Healthcare in Dubai
    Healthcare in Dubai

In the United Arab Emirates, you will find clinics, public and private hospitals, and primary healthcare centers. ...

• Healthcare in the United Arab Emirates
    Healthcare in the United Arab Emirates

The UAE has high-quality healthcare available to both locals and expats via hospitals, clinics, and healthcare ...

• Accidents and emergencies in the United Arab Emirates
    Accidents and emergencies in the United Arab Emirates

The UAE is a generally safe country to travel to and live in. It has a very low crime rate, and violent crime is ...

• Pregnancy in the UAE
    Pregnancy in the UAE

If you decide to start a family in the UAE, you will probably be pleased to know that the country has a ...

• Accommodation in Dubai
    Accommodation in Dubai

One of the first things you will need to settle when relocating to Dubai is accommodation. If you are relocating ...

• Finding a job in Dubai
    Finding a job in Dubai

Home to 9 million expats, the UAE is a very popular relocation destination. If you are employed by a company in ...

• Study in Dubai
    Study in Dubai

Are you looking forward to studying in the United Arab Emirates? Dubai is a perfect choice, and the article below ...

• Buying property in Dubai
    Buying property in Dubai

Dubai is like a drug; from the minute you step into the city as a tourist, the love affair starts. Within a short ...

All of Dubai's guide articles