Work opportunities for a EU Data Scientist with average / low Spanish?

I plan to move to Colombia to be with a girl (I know I know). Just a basic 90 day tourist visa to start.

We are both the same age and have known eachother for years so it's not a scam. We have met in real life.

I'm going to propose to her also.

So I need a plan for the future if I am to stay there.

She is not interested in coming to Europe - she has a good career, and her dad is a bit unwell right now.

So ... what are my options for earning money there?

My background is Data Science & Analytics. I would say mid-senior level. Or perhaps just senior.

Working remotely for a EU company will be tough with the time difference. I will have to wake up at 2am for work at 9am EU time.

Regarding local jobs - my Spanish level is not good enough for a business environment. I did notice there were a lot of Colombian jobs on Linkedin where the job spec was in English. What are my chances with those? Would a Colombian company sponsor a gringo?

Or would an American company hire a European living in Colombia? The time difference will be minimal / manageable. Just not sure of the logistics of getting a job with an American company as a Euro.

Any fellow Data Science / Analytics people here that can chime in and give some advice?

I have enough savings to live about 2 years in Bogota comfortably, or 3 years if I stick to non gringo restaurants and shopping.

P.S. I do not want to teach English.

Colombian IT companies pay very little compared to Europe, USA, and other places. I think you would find yourself working very hard for very little. I recommend looking for remote work with a firm in Europe or the US.

Another option: I know a Colombian graphic designer in Cali who sometimes gets remote projects from firms in Panama. The advantage is that the firms there pay in US dollars.

It is much better to earn in Euros or dollars, which when converted to Colombian pesos will go very far.