Correct full name - Use international character as in ICAO line

Hello, I tried to get the E-visa to Vietnam, The given name in my daughter passport is exactly that: "LIKA LIHI (LIHI) "

I tried first "LIKA LIHI" I got a message that the full name is Incorrect

I tried "LIKA LIHI LIHI"  i got the same message -  full name is Incorrect

I tried "LIKA" I got the same message -  full name is Incorrect

the problem is that the E-visa form don't allow ( ) symbols and don't allow me to continue when I tried to fill exactly : "LIKA LIHI (LIHI) "

we are planning to visit Vietnam next week and I don't know what to do - I got many times a message to amend/correct the full name 

PLEASE HELP ME

Hello, I tried to get the E-visa to Vietnam, The given name in my daughter passport is exactly that: "LIKA LIHI (LIHI) " I tried first "LIKA LIHI" I got a message that the full name is IncorrectI tried "LIKA LIHI LIHI"  i got the same message -  full name is IncorrectI tried "LIKA" I got the same message -  full name is Incorrectthe problem is that the E-visa form don't allow ( ) symbols and don't allow me to continue when I tried to fill exactly : "LIKA LIHI (LIHI) " we are planning to visit Vietnam next week and I don't know what to do - I got many times a message to amend/correct the full name  PLEASE HELP ME         -@lob2508lob

Hello lob2508lob, and welcome to expat.com.

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having. I have a couple of questions, so please bear with me while we try to work through this with you.

On the bottom of your daughter's passport information page, how, and in what order, does your daughter's name appear? As an example, Mr. George Herbert Bush would show on the bottom of the info page, BUSH GEORGE HERBERT.

Which application portal are you using to submit the application?

Is it the NATIONAL WEB PORTAL ON IMMIGRATION (Link),

or

the PUBLIC SERVICE PORTAL MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SECURITY (Link)?

What is your daughter's expected date of entry to Vietnam?

Hopefully we can find a solution to this.

@Aidan in HCMC

I followed both of those links and they led me to the same page. The application has two name fields: Surname and Given Name. It does not match the instructions given.

Hi there jklimb, and welcome to expat.com. Thank you for your PM to me.

@Aidan in HCMCI followed both of those links and they led me to the same page.

Not quite the same page. I'll include the following for the benefit of both expat.com members and casual readers of the forum, alike.

NATIONAL WEB PORTAL ON IMMIGRATION (Link) brings you to

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt ,

where after selecting "FOR FOREIGNERS", brings you to

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/g … uc-dien-tu

PUBLIC SERVICE PORTAL MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SECURITY (Link) brings you to

https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/boco … matt=26277 ,

where after selecting "Submit application", brings you to

https://evisa.immigration.gov.vn/web/gu … uc-dien-tu

The preferred eVisa portal for application approval appears to be, according to reports from members, the NATIONAL WEB PORTAL ON IMMIGRATION, with the URL prefix evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn .

The PUBLIC SERVICE PORTAL MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SECURITY, prefix dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn , leads to a mirrored application form on a page of its own (with its own application-review officers?).

I'm curious, jklimb, as to which portal you elected to use.

The application has two name fields: Surname and Given Name. It does not match the instructions given.        -@jklimb

The example page for each of the eVisa portals, featuring a "Mr. Martin Specimen", is an outdated instruction page for an older, now discontinued, application form. Its function at this time serves only as an applicant's "Confirmation of reading carefully instructions and having completed application". Check-mark the box to continue to the application in current use.

In your PM to me you stated, "I depart very soon from California, Jan 24th, 10:20pm to Da Nang." Very soon might be an understatement. That's cutting it a bit too close for comfort. I suggest you use the services of an agent here in VN to put a (real!) rush on this. If you'd like, I'll send you the name of a trusted, long-time expat.com member to refer you to his agent.

"I entered my "surname" and "given name" exactly as it appears on my passport but they say it was incorrect and denied my application." Have you already amended and resubmitted your application to immigration? If so, when did you you resubmit it? (I'm assuming your application was, DENIED:Reason Incorrect name, and not flat-out DENIED)

Once more, welcome aboard expat.com. I wish your joining was under less stressful circumstances.

@Aidan in HCMC

Thank you for your quick response. I would like to contact an agency to help me with this. Who do you recommend?

Note: it was denied (reason incorrect name). I resubmitted it the evening of Jan 21 without making any changes, but I printed the application to show that the surname and given names match my passport ( I realized they probably don't care about that).

@Aidan in HCMCThank you for your quick response. I would like to contact an agency to help me with this. Who do you recommend?Note: it was denied (reason incorrect name). I resubmitted it the evening of Jan 21 without making any changes, but I printed the application to show that the surname and given names match my passport ( I realized they probably don't care about that).        -@jklimb

PM sent.

Best of luck. I hope all turns out well.

Please keep in contact with the forum to let us know how everything goes. We'd very much appreciate it.