Living expenses

How much money do you need a month to live here

@adsalarms This hugely depends on what part of Vietnam you live in. It also greatly depends on your lifestyle. For my wife and I we rent a studio apartment in the center of Saigon (D1) for $730 USD. We eat out for all our meals and are pretty active. There are definately more expensive places to live here. When we are not traveling we spend roughly $1,000 - $1,500 a month but we also do a lot around town. Since all our work is on the computer we typically work in coffee shops which is typically about $10 a day average. Thats Saigon. You can live much, much cheaper outside of the city depending on where you are. In my wife's hometown you can rent an entire 3 bedroom house overlooking the mountain view in the city of Dak Mil for about $400-$500 USD and the meals are about half of what they are in Saigon. Last year I talked to a teacher guy here who rented his apt for about $200 I think and it was a good spot overlooking the lake. Not many expats would want to live out that far though unless they had family here. Hope that helps.

How much money do you need a month to live here         -@adsalarms

Hello adsalarms, and welcome to expat.com.

There was a thread on this very subject not too long ago.

Take a look here. (Link)

How much money do you need a month to live here

-@adsalarms

May I suggest expanding your question?

How about:

"How much will I need to live in Vietnam? I want to have a lifestyle that includes:

• x

• x

• x

• x

• x

(etc)"

The more you tell us about your personal needs and plans, the more we can give you helpful feedback.

Welcome to the forum!

O.B.