Menu
Expat.com

Travel ban

Last activity 31 October 2023 by Mr Ahmad Malik

abinshashihab

Now I am in saudi Arabia natiatality India before 10 years I worked saudi Arabia. But I gone vacation did not come back. Now I take new visa and come back saudi. I made new iquama. Now I am going to India but in airport authority told you have no go to out side saaudi there is some violation. I ckeck my absheer there is no band. If any cases old sponsfer effect travel ban or not please reply any one

Nauf11

Once you got new iqama the old sponsor has no connection , unless he put a criminal case on you. If that was the case you wouldnt have been allowed in the country in the first place.

XTang

Not really.   The problem, which most people don't understand is that any legal case in Saudi or indeed, even Huroob, is linked to the person's biometric data.   This is because everytime you do final exit and come back, it is on a NEW iqama number.  Also people change passports.   So what happens is that when people arrive and go through biometrics on entry, it gets flagged and then they get into trouble.   For the OP, it is most likely a Huroob case.

Nauf11

But wouldnt he have been flagged at entry itself and then been made aware of it and not while exiting the kingdom after spending some time here?

XTang

Usually not.  But there are cases where the fingerprints were not linked properly at entry.  It was only after Iqama was issued (post arrival) that they end up being linked.  This has happened to people who left Saudi more than 5-6 years ago i.e. before the digital transformation and system upgradation.

Nauf11

Oh! So many things to consider here! *facepalm*

XTang

Yep with all the changes in the systems over the years, there are many strange problems that happen. 

Nauf11

This is worrying , because suppose a person doesnt return on an exit-reentry and post the 3 yrs and 2 months ban , gets a new work visa and is passed at the immigration to enter the kingdom. He goes about his job nonchalantly and if he has to return on emergency or vacation is then told he has a huroob on him and cant leave , he is a sure shot goner!

XTang

Well exit re-entry doesn't lead to Huroob.  It's just a 3 year ban.  The real problem is Huroob..........they changed some of the requirements for Huroob a year ago and prior to that, some of the people who had it, suffered with the system glitches.

Nauf11

So ideally now  if you dont come back , can the kafeel still put a huroob / case on you in which case post three years,  you would be deported back once you come here or do they allow you to enter and then let you know that such a case exists?

XTang

Theoretically, with the new regulations, Huroob cannot be abused like it was in the past. 

Mr Ahmad Malik

@XTang bro am waiting for your reply. A Saudi national gave my guarantee . My fingerprint and that Saudi fingerprint after that. Instantly my ban removed from my abshar there's nothing on my abshar now. So i need any specific documents for holiday or no need? Am worried maybe immigration department stops at airport after fingerprint????? Or i can go for holiday without any issue ??

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles