MVV is taking too long

Hi, my girlfriend is Dutch and we have been in a long distance relationship for 5 years already. We started the application in July and thinking that it would take maximum 3 months unless very exceptional circumstances. I resigned from my job and I was ready to move when we started the application. So far I am in a limbo situation, as I cannot really start any new job in my country because I could get the approval any time, but I can't travel and see my girlfriend because it is not allowed. The three months have passed, and they told us it could take even three more months.

I started having anxiety attacks as I feel like they are in control of my life. Since the application I am living in a hostel and I feel no matter what, I can't move on, I am at their mercy. At this point I thought I was going to be in the Netherlands with my partner, starting a new life and looking for a job. What is the deadline supposed to mean if it can really take as much time as they like? We are afraid that if we file a complaint so that they do it within two weeks, it might affect the results. Its not even guaranteed that I will get the visa, all this uncertainty is damaging my mental health as weeks pass without any news. This is very dehumanizing, I feel we are not treated with dignity. Have any of you experienced something similar? How did you go through this process?

Be patient such kinds of process take more than 6 months .it just because of too many applications for family and spouse reunion for MVV that they can not decide on your case with a short period of time . And it's ok to give a compliant one's the decision period is passed ,it doesn't affect the result .you shouldn't Quit your job at first but now that you do engage your self in other activities take a short course in your country or even learning a dutch language would be so helpful for your integration after you go to Nederland . Finally your mental health is the most important and don't let any situations in life decides your fate or control you , you are the one who decide and control what's best for you .

Good luck !

@homer_simpson12 did you eventually get it? I'm kind of in the same situation now and idk what to fi

@Endoraaa did you get it?