Menu
Expat.com

Dermatologist skin screening

Last activity 15 December 2023 by TominStuttgart

sasukeu

Hello!

I had today mole screening performed by dermatologist in Berlin. I went with public insurance. Procedure included checking moles on my full body including intimate areas. She of course asked about the history of skin diseases in my family and my sun exposure. Although after everything has been done I was told to sign at reception some agreement for this body screening. I didn’t have a problem with this when I was there, maybe because I was still in some shock whatsoever after this intimate checkup 1f605.svg. I signed this but honestly I don’t even know what it exactly was. I started overthinking it now and I thought maybe anyone of you would know. What kind of agreement I need to sing after this mole checkup. I don’t speak German well, hence I wasn’t really even able to read it with full understanding.

Thanks in advance!

beppi

Unless you find another dermatologist, who knows the procedure and documents, you won't get a useful answer - or how do you think anyone of us knew?

But you can certainly get a copy from the clinic and get it translated.

I personally won't sign something without knowing the content. Why didn't you ask?

TominStuttgart

Like asking what one has in their pocket. Nobody can know, Many medical procedures will entail signing a paper giving allowance and saying one is infromed of the risks. Or there can be elective procedures not covered by the insurance that one has to agree to pay for. Or who knows? Have someone who speaks German call the doctor's office and ask if you are curious.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Germany

• The German healthcare system
    The German healthcare system

The German healthcare system is neither homogenous nor static. On the contrary, it has various actors (i.e., ...

• Elderly care in Germany
    Elderly care in Germany

Germany may not have the sunshine and beaches of the Mediterranean or Southeast Asia, but it is among Europe's ...

• Citizens Relief Act
    Citizens Relief Act

There's been a lovely new German word since January 2010: das Bürgerentlastungsgesetz! I´ve ...

• Emergency in Germany
    Emergency in Germany

One of the biggest worries expats have to deal with when arriving in a new country is what to do in case of an ...

• legality of your health insurance?
    legality of your health insurance?

Hi everyone!I´ve just discovered this site but am not 100% PC-literate (know the word "blog" but am still ...

• Health insurance update
    Health insurance update

Since my last blog, the noose has tightened even further as far as freelance/self-employed expats in Germany ...

• Summer jobs in Germany
    Summer jobs in Germany

The summer season in Germany begins in June and lasts until the end of August. These three months of the year ...

• Buying property in Frankfurt
    Buying property in Frankfurt

Frankfurt has a very lively real estate market, and buying a house there is, without a doubt, a worthy long-term ...

All of Germany's guide articles