New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Belgium forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Belgium if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

I am in the process of moving to Belgium for my work and now living in France.

I had few queries on the documentation process for the work permit for which I will raise my questions on the forum.

Thanks.

Vishnu

Hi! I'm also in the process of gathering paperwork for the single permit to work in Belgium as US citizen where I currently reside in Texas. If anyone has any insight or tips, experiences, etc. to share, I welcome them. Not all information is matching up! Thanks! - Nicole

Hey iam hamza khan I live in Pakistan I have done ms office excel course from Bright scope and intermediate from board of intermediate Karachi I need a job

Please am a computer science graduate I am looking for a job in Belgium can someone help me please

@vikyhandsome98

hello and welcome !

Not sure members can help you. I would suggest that you create your CV in the Jobs section and that you read the Living in Belgium Guide. You will find articles about work to help you find recruitment websites.

All the best

Bhavna

Hey I'm new here

I just submitted my family reunion application I am waiting for the feedback.

Hi

Im a Dutch nationality holder and I'm living in Belgium but currently on holiday in Pakistan.

Just signed up for some general advice about the family visa.

Kind regards

Faz

@farhadmkhan92

Welcome Faz !

Feel free to open a new thread on the Belgium forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello everyone, I'll move to Antwerp in August. Already have a declaration of work, I still need to find an apartment. I actually signed to send a message regarding to a place. Best

@adriansb

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to have a look at the Antwerp forum if you need any info or just to discuss with members who have already made the move.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi There,

Recently came back to Brussels after almost a decade Good to be back.

Adam

Hello adawisnia,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Would you mind sharing more about yourself?

Are you seeking something specific here?

Which country were you in previously, and how long did you reside there?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien Judith by name

Trying to relocate to Belgium

Hi

it's me tara Shrestha from Nepal.

I am planning to move on belgium. I am qualified and experience person. But how to apply and how to get the visa. Where from i have to start? don't know

Please let me know yah who can help me to get.

@tarashrestha839

Hello and welcome !

You need to find an employer first as to obtain a work permit/visa, you will be required to show a job contract.

I suggest that you read the Living in Belgium guide for expats, in particular, articles about work.

Regards

Bhavna

Hello friends! How someone can get a small house in local place in Belgium?

@ISHIMWE Etienne

Hello and welcome !

What do you mean ?

Are you looking for accommodation in Belgium? When will you be in Belgium ?

Regards

Bhavna

Not yet approved but is it possible having your contacts like phone number then we can plan in yard please? Thanks.

@ISHIMWE Etienne

What do you mean ?

Members are required to post questions on the forum. We don't share contact details. What hasn't been approved yet ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hello everyone! I'm from Spain and I just arrived in Ghent for work. I'm a software engineer and I'm passionate about sports. I'm looking for new friends to explore the city, grab a drink, and enjoy good times. I'd love to meet new people and share experiences!

@Julien

Hi Julian

I am known as J and stay in tongeren

Belgium for the past 2 years

Kind regards

J

Hello Jay,

Welcome to Expat.com1f600.svg

How can we assist you?

Feel free to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.comt eam

Hi everyone 👋

I'm Sarah, lived in South Africa, London, Sydney and now in New York.  Been with my American partner for 3 years, we are very fortunate and travel often and are together a lot (about 1 week a month). He's a Belgian citizen, I'm British (no longer have my SA passport).  I posted in the Belgium forum, glad to have found this site.

Hello, this is Youssef from Morocco. I am 42 years old, married and have children. My mother tongue is Arabic and my second language is French b1 intermediate and German intermediate level A2. I'm looking for a job as a draughtsman in the carpentry field and as a CNC machine operator and programmer, cutting and engraving on wood and plastic. Can I get a training