New members of the Paraguay forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Paraguay forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Paraguay if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello!

I am a Brit in my mid-30s who is moving to Paraguay permanently, I have had permanent residency for 2 years now and soon my significant other from Central America will join me there next month and get her temporary residency. I work offshore in oil/gas/wind in Europe so I am going back and forth quite a bit.

The master plan is to buy some land, perhaps 1-3 hours away from a large city e.g. the capital, build a house on top of it and hopefully live a self-sufficient lifestyle.

It would be great to network with people here and see if we can help each other out. I am happy to share knowledge I acquire to anyone who wants it. My biggest challenge right now is navigating the car market and property market. Soon I will need to start driving on the right side of the road (which is scary enough coming from the UK and the traffic here is utter madness) but also actually buying a reliable car from a reliable source. To say that looks intimidating is putting it lightly!

If anyone needs some advice about residency lawyers or general tips about Paraguay don't hesitate to get in touch! If anyone can recommend a reliable place to shop for cars please let me know also.

Scotty

@ScottyX I am sure you will enjoy what you find in Paraguay. From the UK myself and over here for many years I should be able to give some help and guidance. There is a link in my profile to my blog. I'd be happy to chat and answer any questions you have.

Simon

@ScottyX

Welcome on board !

Thank you for such a detailed introduction.

Feel free to create a new thread on the Paraguay forum to seek advice from members on real estate and vehicles.

All the best

Bhavna

@ScottyXHello, how are you? I sent you a message.

carry out procedures for the residence permit and I am also dedicated to the agricultural and livestock sector

@ScottyX

Hello. I have a question on residency. Before obtaining PR, it is required to get a 2-year temp visa now. I want to know if we should have physical presence during this period. Thank you for your time !

@Phoenix_S you have to get temporary residence first. You have to be present during the application process.

Hello,

I plan to travel to Paraguay in April 2025, to begin the permanent resident process.

The goal is to stay there seven months a year during my retirement.

@Julien

Hola, I came to Asuncion on 1 June to see if I would be interested in moving here from Colorado, USA.  I find it interesting enough to start doing my paperwork for residence and cedula.  I look forward to making connections within the community,  especially once my Spanish improves.

@Johan Smal hi dear,

I know all details about request for temporary resident, thanks for your great help and that you're helping here to all people.

But one question for you again :)

how does the assignment of a temporary residence work, do you have to pay for a virtual address or will the police system generate my temporary residence? I don't understand much about that, because if a person asks for temporary residence somewhere, it is necessary to have signed papers from the owner of the property, he must have an address. thanks a lot for the info.

would be need some residence adress when I will request for cedula?

I was found this info :

“Certificado de vida y residencia – Literally “certificate of life and residency”, which must be issued by the national police. This certificate has the indication of your address in Paraguay and you will need to present an electricity or water bill, as well as a sworn statement by two paraguayan nationals, to receive it. It can also only be issued by the closest police station to your place of residency in the country.”

nice day and all the best to you.

Nice to meet you all, my name is Elías,I am from Paraguay. I live in Encarnación. This is a very good city to live if you are interested to move to Paraguay. ***

@elias caceres

Hello and welcome !

Please note that advertising is not allowed on the forum. I would invite you to register your services in the business directory : https://www.expat.com/en/business/south … /paraguay/

All the best

Bhavna

OK apologies