Are children entitled to free healthcare ?

Hello

i am an EU citizen residing in Spain.  i read everywhere that children under 17 in catalonia are allowed free healthcare, whether they are residents or not.  i need insurance for myself and my wife but dont want to pay for a policy for my son, who is 14, if I don't need to.   Any advice please?

@Lmflmf1

I think it's under 18, anywhere in Spain.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/can-my-child-be-refused-healthcare-if-not-in-possession-of-health-card/

As an EU citizen, it's very easy to do your EU Citizen Registration. And this, in turn, allows you to enroll the whole family in the public health system, rather than needing insurance.

You can also probably get your French EHICs which you might find occasion to wave around in Spain or elsewhere in the EU.

If you want private insurance anyway, I doubt there's much of an increment for 3 over 2. :-)

where do i register my son to obtain his health care card? thanks!

lmf

@Lmflmf1

For your son maybe you can ask to hospital

for your own health insurance you can contact me in private to advise you.

best regards

NB

Any person who is going to reside for more than 90 days in Spain must have a NIE and medical insurance to obtain it, otherwise they will be in an irregular situation with the problems that this entails. If you want information about health insurance you can contact me privately. greetings

Muchas gracias por la información, respecto a esto, te recomiendo que te informes sobre estos equipos de frio si buscas una empresa de refrigeración industrial.

Hello marta57,

English only please.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team