Greek immigration and real estate Lawyer

Hi,

We're considering moving to Greece and buying a property there ( the Golden Visa Programme) and we're looking for a trusted lawyer who can assist us with the journey.  Does anyone on this forum recommend a good lawyer who speaks English, charges reasonably and delivers on promises?

Thanks

Hala

@TIAS do you know where will you be relocating to? My recommendation is to look for a lawyer in the city you are planning to move to as it will be much more efficient, especially when dealing with property. You don't want to buy a house in Crete and work with a lawyer in Athens, for example. The lawyer will be able to help you with both the property purchase and with the process for your permanent residence visa.

Good luck with your journey!

Hi.

Contact me.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : Advertising your own services is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@TIAS as suggested use a local lawyer and also an experienced notary - i purchased in Greece  and slso obtained a so called golden visa - ping me if you need help or have questions (a call may be better as buying in Greece is much more complicated than people realise) - good luck !

@PhilIpZ20201  aucun soucis pour acheter ,,, faut juste etre bien organiser :)

@stavros malaxos

Hello, please post in english (we are on the english speaking section)

Many thanks

Bhavna

@PhilIpZ20201

Phillip,

I am observing the conversation here, & since you seem to have completed the obstacle course which I & my wife are just embarking on, I wonder if you would allow us to benefit from your experience? We plan to buy within the specifications for 'golden' visa eligibility. It is I, U.S. citizen, who needs the visa, not my wife who has an EU passport because of her Hungarian citizenship.

So far, it has been our understanding that upon entering into the purchasing process utilizing an agent, we will be prompted to engage a lawyer, who will help us to get set up with a bank account & a tax#, & then we will with his help meet all of the other requirements, such as taxes & fee's which need to be paid in their respective places, agent's commission, etc. We have also been led to believe that the 24% VAT has been suspended until the end of 2024, & that tax holiday may be extended after that. Beyond that, is there anything else that you would advise from your recent experience, or revise from what I have told you?

We certainly appreciate anything you can share along these lines. We are hoping that within the next 10 months we will be through the process & settling in our new abode.

Best to you,

Erich

Best advice is to find the best notary you can and ask him / her for who you should use for the rest as IMHO the property ownership paperwork and corrections they are likely to need to bring them upto the latest much more stringent legal requirements is where most people get stuck / it is a very complex and frustrating procees so get the beet people you can find and afford (also double check all assumptions like the VAT exemption etc…happy to talk on the phone if this helps

@rzucco thank you for your reply.  You're absolutely right. Crete is one of the options we're looking at but I was hoping to find a law firm that has multiple lawyers in different regions and islands because we haven't made up our minds yet on where to buy. Are you based in Crete?

@PhilIpZ20201 Thank you very much for your advice and offer of help. Are you currently in Atene? As we won't be considering that region, but keen to get your insight and learn from your experience.

@TIAS

Sorry am based in Thessaloniki

@PhilIpZ20201  Lucky you! thessaloniki is a gorgeous city, but like Athen, the Golden visa there requires Euro 500K. We are thinking of cheaper Islands like Crete, Paros, Naxos, Syros or a city like Nafplion.  Did you use any lawyer when you bought your house and applied for the residency or did you work with a Notary Public?

Thank you

as stated a notary who then introduced ne to all other professionals that were needed

@TIAS regarding Thessaloniki area requirements,  The requirement of golden visa has benn set at 500K only for the municipality of Thessaloniki. For neighbouring municipalities such as Pylaia, Thermi, Kalamaria, Peraia  which practically are based at the wider Thessaloniki area the requirement is stil at 250K. And ofcourse Halkidiki has the same requirement of 250K. If you have any questions don't hesitate

@TIAS Hi, I know one good layer who can help you better.

NB:He doesn't speak better English but speaks better Greek and French.

@TIAS

nick is the man !!!

Papailias Law Office****

Moderated by Cheryl 7 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello davidelejeune,

Kindly share the contact details via the private messaging system, please.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl

ook

@davidelejeune

could you please send me nick information as well

thank you

@davidelejeune thank you very much. I'll email you now much appreciated!