40% tax and what it will do to bali

A lot of people  will be unemployed when this tax comes in on Feb 1st, a hundred dollar bill in a bar/sports bar will be 10% service charge+40% tax making 15o dollars, people will go to the bottle shops and stay in, pubs could go to the wall and Spas could be a thing of the past, only for the rich. a tv will be classed s entertainment and live bands could be a thing of the past.

They are killing Bali and putting the people back in the fields, if they can find any, with the ammount of construction going on.  I,m on a pension but still manage to get out for lunch three times a week, i will need to cut down now.  alan

Luckily I don't drink alcohol or visit those kinds of places when in Bali. For spas, I guess more people will have massages at the beach or poolside. I don't see it as a problem and in any case in Bali a lot of stuff gets talked about but not always implemented or changed at the last moment. Paying 50% tax in a sports bar seems unlikely in the long run. To be honest, there are always regulation that are supposed to be implemented in Bali, and it always gets cancelled. So lets see what happens next month. Remember the regulation about unmarried people sleeping together?