I have been scammed - Translation Services

Having recently moved to Tashkent, I was looking for a good Uzbek - English / Russian - English translator, as we have quite a substantial requirement for translations in our Office. I found a lady online by the name of T . We met up and her command of English was good. She asked for an advance and was meant to start the following week. I never heard back from her ever again and when calling her to request the money back, she avoided my calls. Not a good start.

Just be aware of her so that you do not get scammed yourself.

@AdamTashkent

Hello Adam,

Sorry to hear about that.

Did you get in touch with this person on Expat.com ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

No, the contact was not through Expat.com

I just wanted to warn people in Tashkent about her.

But since her name has been redacted in my original post, it will be of no use to the Expat.com community.

We don't recommend members posting names on the forum it could lead to defamation etc. But you are most welcome to share the name in private if members contact you following your post.

Sure. Is this chat of ours private? The name of scammer is ***. She even gave me a copy of her ID.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : Please share names in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@AdamTashkent

You are on the open forum right now. It is public. To share names, contact details etc, you can click on a member's username > send a message.

Regards

Bhavna

@AdamTashkent

I saw your bitter posts on Facebook earlier and the comments that suggest you seek professional organisations and or qualified individuals, rather than offer prices that only scam artists would be interested in!

I want to take this opportunity to comment for others reading your negative post, that with over 15 years in and out of Uzbekistan using professional translators recommended by Notary Services (they will have their preferred translators), I have always been delighted by the level of service and professionalism I have received from qualified translators in Uzbekistan.

@AdamTashkent

If you want translation services I would visit one of the universities and post a request for that service