Visa and employment

I lived and worked in Dubai for several years, up to 5 years ago, but had to leave owing money on credit cards, as I had lost my job. The bank in Dubai quite rightly pursued me in the UK both directly and via third party collection agencies, until I got another job and was able to settle the debt, two years later.

I am in the process of being offered a position in Bahrain and wondered if I am going to have any visa, employment or banking problems if I accept?

Thanks

Probably not but every case is different and depends on a lot of variables.

@XTang thank you for your response. Are there any visa companies in Bahrain, who could look at the "variables" of my circumstances? If so, could you recommend anyone?

I wouldn't discuss any of this with a potential employer.  Running away while owing money is looked down upon as a case of bad faith.

I wasn't going to do that. I hoped you may be able to recommend say a visa lawyer, who could look at the facts of my case and give me a subjective view on the chances of success, prior to submitting the visa application and independant of my prospective employer. Is that a possibility?

There is no such thing as a visa lawyer in this part of the world.  You have agents who apply for visas.... Like facilitators..... And for most of them, I wouldn't trust their insight in any way.  This is not the western world where you have immigration attorneys who give you a view and charge fees. And the rules / regulations here are not defined or listed or cast in stone as in the west..... So no one can give you a definitive answer.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate your insight into this. Do you know if the immigration authorities in Bahrain access data in Dubai in routine visa applications? If not then I would think I've nothing to worry about. If they do then I made settlement several years ago anyway, so there shouldn't be anything adverse (I hope!!).

No one can say what kind of data is accessed. As you can imagine, they don't disclose their process. But as I said before, I don't think it should be an issue.