Menu
Expat.com

upcoming visit/future move

Last activity 14 July 2024 by Alex C2

laurensbrashears

Hi I’m Lauren! I will be visiting Mauritus in march for two weeks to look for properties to purchase for a near future move. I was hoping to meet up with some social groups willing to share with me the ins and outs of the island so I am better informed and have some laughs in the process. 

Tookays

Welcome. You have asked a very generic question.

I am sure you have done extensive research on the ins and outs of the island already. Why do you wish to move? Why do you think buying a property is the way to go? What are you planning to do in Mauritius long-term? which part of the island suits your purposes?

There are so many things to consider before you decide to purchase property anywhere in the world.

If you give us some further information, we might be able to help you better.

There are several property sites to look at, many of them have been posted earlier.

Best wishes.

BowcoH

we moved here in sept bought a house in january live in perybere in the north if your up this way and want a beer a chat and a laugh penny and i would be happy to take you over the ins and outs we have come across feel free to pm if you wish to ask anythiing we moved from uk to spain for 2 years then here in sept

Alex C2

Welcome. You have asked a very generic question.
I am sure you have done extensive research on the ins and outs of the island already. Why do you wish to move? Why do you think buying a property is the way to go? What are you planning to do in Mauritius long-term? which part of the island suits your purposes?
There are so many things to consider before you decide to purchase property anywhere in the world.
If you give us some further information, we might be able to help you better.
There are several property sites to look at, many of them have been posted earlier.
Best wishes.

-@Tookays

Listen to Tookays, he seems to be quite mature and thorough.

Alex C2

we moved here in sept bought a house in january live in perybere in the north if your up this way and want a beer a chat and a laugh penny and i would be happy to take you over the ins and outs we have come across feel free to pm if you wish to ask anythiing we moved from uk to spain for 2 years then here in sept

-@BowcoH

Hello, I’ve read several people’s posts, some of them came across problems when buying a property and applying the residency permit. Have you got your residence permit? I was wondering whether it was more secure to buy a property resale than a property off-plan?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

• Emergency numbers in Mauritius
    Emergency numbers in Mauritius

The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need for assistance at any ...

• The health system in Mauritius
    The health system in Mauritius

Health is a major issue when moving abroad. Are expats eligible for the Mauritian health system? What are the ...

• Recommended doctors in Mauritius
    Recommended doctors in Mauritius

You might be needing medical assistance during your stay in Mauritius. Expat.com provides you with a list of ...

• Study in Mauritius
    Study in Mauritius

Mauritius is becoming a higher education hub for the region as it offers a great deal of options. Most Mauritian ...

• Buying a property in Mauritius
    Buying a property in Mauritius

The Economic Development Board reminds us that any non-citizen, whether an individual or an investor, is allowed ...

• Education in Mauritius
    Education in Mauritius

The Mauritian school system is based on the Anglo-Saxon model and is divided, as is often the case elsewhere, into ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles