Are older women targeted for scams.

my friend who's 60 this year went to Tunisia last year sept 2023 and met a younger man there i don know all the details as shes very secretive about it. i beleive he works in a hotel. they met and im guessing had holiday romance.  she then she went back two months later,  last november on her own for a week. i hear small conversations she's having with him, but can only hear certain words now and then like rings,   passport etc. i maybe totally paranoid over nothing, but i know this woman has been looking for love for some time. she doesn't own her own home, she rents, but its a 3 bedroom house and shes in her own. she's a care worker so her wages aren't huge,  I'm just getting worried now, shes going back over there next month to see him again. the question im asking is how will he be able to get a passport or visa to come to the uk, do they have to get married, or prove they've been in a long term relationship. shes only known him since last sept, and only actually seen him for a week, so you cant class that as a long term relationship. can any one lighten me if you think he's using her for he's own gain in life as i said shes 60 this year, and a little gullible,  and i believe he's in his 30s.   

@hick70 I think that unless they get legaly married he won't get any visa or document that allows him to leave Tunisia to any european country.

She can travel there, have good times and just take care not give him too much money haha!! …and of course not doing the mistake of getting married!!

There is no way in this big wide earth this is a real relationship. I can see this the other way with an older man getting hold of a (scammer/gold digger) younger woman, but a still young man after a much older woman????

It has to be for cash or the hope of a passport

thats what im thinking, but maybe shes just having a little fun, a younger man comes along and shes flattered. don't get me wrong she looks really pretty for her age, and doesn't look 60. as i said i only hear little things as shes my good neighbour and we have thin walls. theres other stuff i heard, i heard him talking about paper work, asking if its arrived yet, not sure what this would be, but it seems to be paper work this this end (uk) maybe from immigration?.i'm just getting worried now as we've been good friends for over 35 years, and we've always been open about things, but shes very quiet about this. i'm just getting worried that she is going down the road of marriage which is crazy as shes only know him

for two weeks. maybe she's received some kind of official immigration paperwork now and taking it for him to sign when she goes back to Tunisia next month  i do appreciate any feed back, and comments good or bad as i'm getting worried now.

If you really care for this neigbour woman because as you said she used to be your friend why you not just go and talk with her and discuss your worries together. if she clearly refuses to talk about it with you maybe you should consider to stop staking her private life 😅

But also you could offer to travel with her to Tunisia and meet that guy face to face by yourself.

That trip could also be an oportunity for you to meet an interesting young woman for you 😛

@jvildu

you come across to me as a maybe a Tunisian young man, some of your comment makes sense,  but unfortunately your turned sarcastic. maybe YOU cant find someone to help you out with a passport or visa  🤷‍♂️

@hick70 😁 I'm european (Spain), probably similar age as yours (over 50). I travelled some times to Tunisia and other developing countries …and yes, just  coming from the 1rst world you get many quick 'I love you' that are not always clearly sincere. It's normal, some of those people have hard life and they try to find a way to get a better life. Well, then it's up to you to decide how far do you want to go. Sometimes its a win - win for life but other times it's just a short fair tale. Well in the case of your 60 y/old friend (woman) with a young man I think there's a high risk of scam; of course I would not recomend her to get involved in any legal conmitment (marriage).

Anyway, Tunisia is a beautiful country, very safe, with nice weather, good beaches, nice restaurants and friendly people. Not expensive at all.

well shes gone back today, and she definitely going to marry this man. so only time will tell if its a scam or not,