Almost here 2 years

First came to Medellin around 2012 and I loved it.  Eventually loved a Colombian and we married here and in the United States (going on 11 years now) where we lived for the first 9 years before moving here full time almost 2 years ago.  We found a great up-and-coming neighborhood and opened a nail salon there where we toil away every day, most happily.  We live about 50 minutes northwest of Medellin in a little pueblo called Sopetran so the daily commute can be a drag, but we're in the warm weather zone and the community we're in has a great pool.  Most of our neighbors are weekenders so the pool is ours during the week.  I love the people.  They tend to look at you suspiciously until you say "buenos . . .whatever" and then they have huge smile that overtakes them.  They put up with my awful Spanish. And our home is quiet except for some weekends.  Where I am from in the US the roads are for cars, but here I find a different use for a road almost daily: a restaurant, a party, a circus act, a bubbling pot of stew, a firework launching pad, virtually any part of it can be a parking spot. The variety of activities on roadways makes me smile. I like how far my money travels here.  At first the lack of certain consumables, like frozen pizza, was surprising, but now I could care less.  I do admit I bake less.  And I have become accustomed to cold showers.  My friends and family call me the Gringo Paisa.  lol. If you're new to Colombia, welcome.  If you have any questions about the culture or how to navigate the daily lifeI'm happy to offer an opinion. And you're free to ignore it. 

@MMBS

Welcome on board !

Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience on the forum.

I hope members will benefit from your inputs.

Wish you success.

All the best

Bhavna

@MMBS Thanks for the positive info about your time in Medellin so far! Regarding your partner... how did you two meet each other, and when?