Letter of Invitation

Hello, it's my first time posting. I tried searching the group but didn't see this topic. Because I'm staying in a private accommodation in France, I need an invitation letter from the person hosting me, to submit with my visa/residency application. I can't find this form on the French government website. Does anyone have a link to it, or a template, or a copy of your own letter (redacted) that you could share, please? Also, any tips for getting an appointment at the French embassy in Madrid? Thank you!

@jennymcc5309 Ask your host to go to their local Mairie and ask for the form.  It is very easy and they should be helpful.

My French host used this online form for my Visa application (and to get a bank account / rent etc.....). It's from the French Gov't:

https://www.service-public.fr/simulateu … ebergement

Best of luck

@lmjhickey Thank you! I knew it existed online but couldn't find it. Much appreciated. Bon journee!

Along with the Attestation d'hebergement you will likely need to attach a photo of the hosts ID card and a utility bill.

This is normal here. I believe it is part of the "know your neighbor" system designed to control the flow of money going to terrorist organizations. ( a reality not a joke).

These documents, once you have them are very useful in accomplishing 1) getting a phone account, 2) getting an actual lease, 3) changing license plates and 4) opening a bank account!

The ID is to prove you didn't just fill out a form and that there is a real person involved. The utility Bill proves they actually have a property they are using...not just a blind for gathering funds.

So save a copy and use them to get stuff done.

Jonathan in Toulouse