Tax refund process: help needed

Hi there,

I'm Candice and I'm from France. I worked as an intern in nyc from November 2022 to July 2023. I need to file my taxes as a resident because i apply as one for tax purposes. I wanted to do it with taxback but for some reasons the refund estimation they gave me is 88$ (Federal refund) and that is it. Even though I paid way more taxes when I was working there. Taxback asks  for more than 300$ to file my 2023 taxes for me while the refund is a much smaller amount. First, i'm confused about the refund estimation and second i don't know if they are the best option.

I would take any advice or recommendation if you can provide any.

Thank you so much,

Candice 

Before making any decisions, carefully review all your tax documents from your time working in NYC. This includes your W-2 form (or 1099 if applicable) and any other relevant documents that show the taxes you paid during your internship. If you're unsure about how to proceed or have questions about your tax situation, consider consulting with a tax professional or accountant. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific circumstances and may be able to help you maximize your refund or minimize your tax liability. If you're comfortable doing so, you could also calculate your refund manually using the information from your tax documents. This may give you a better understanding of why the refund estimation provided by Taxback is lower than expected.

It is important to understand how the return estimate was calculated by your chosen service. They may not take into account some tax deductions or expenses that could increase your refund.