Visa for long time

Hi everyone, I read on the visa issuing website that Europeans can stay for a maximum of 30 days. I would like to stay for a longer time, does anyone know how it is possible to get a visa without opening a business or buying a house?

i don't know which island you are staying but on santiago just go to the police station in palmarejo and tell them your intentions and length of time you want to stay and they will probably tell you where and how to do it

Thank you so much for your answer! To Sal. So isn't it mandatory to leave the country within 30 days? There are other visas to stay legally then

@Alessia.Re

Hi Alessia.you need to go to police and apply for a 3 mont visa. You need to have your passport and bank statement to prove that you have enough money to stay on CV for 3 months.you need the letter with information where toy live.

Good luck

Grate

@22Grace22 A thousand thanks! Do you know if it can also be done at the Sal police station or just in Praia?

Hi everyone, I read on the visa issuing website that Europeans can stay for a maximum of 30 days. I would like to stay for a longer time, does anyone know how it is possible to get a visa without opening a business or buying a house?

-@Alessia.Re

Hi Alessia,

Yes, all you have to do AFTER you arrive is simply apply to extend your 30-day tourist visa to 90 days, OR apply for a temporary residency visa which will allow you to stay for 180 days.

If you're just staying for a couple extra weeks or even an extra months, don't bother to do anything. No one will ask to see your documents or detain you on the streets during your stay. Cape Verde has no resources to do any of that.

But when you leave the country, they will check your visa at the airport departure point, and if you have overstayed, you MAY be asked to pay a small fine of about €25 per month you overstayed. If you overstayed for a week or two, you likely will not have to pay this fine.

Many visitors who overstay simply decide to pay the departure fine as it's a lot more convenient than going through the major bureaucratic hassle of trying to extend their 30-day visa. It's a real nuisance especially if you are visiting Sal.

Regards,

Angelo

@CVAngelo Thanks so much for the detailed information! Do you know what the requirements are to apply for a temporary resident visa?

@CVAngelo Thanks so much for the detailed information! Do you know what the requirements are to apply for a temporary resident visa?        -@Alessia.Re

Yes. I certainly do know the requirements to apply for temporary (and permanent) residency visas in CV. It is a service I offer. Thus, you'll need to send me a private message as it's too much to discuss here.

Just suffice it to say for the benefit of everyone on the forum that to obtain a TEMPORARY RESIDENCY visa, there's a list of  LOCAL documents that you have to obtain, but obtaining those documents is different on each island because where you go to get each document may be different. Knowing WHERE to go to get the documents is half the battle. But you won't need to register a business or bring foreign documents with you (except your passport of course).

The requirements for extending the TOURISM VISA, is very simple so I can discuss it here. Anyone needing to do so must submit: their passport, a return ticket (there's a way to get one for €20), proof of a place to stay (i.e., hotel reservation) ,and proof of funds (your bank statement, or proof of a credit card, etc, showing that you have access to at least €1.000). But they will keep your passport for about 3 weeks while you wait for them to issue the extension! So you won't be able to travel between islands, open a bank account, change hotels, rent a car, make travel reservations (with a local agent) , etc, since you'll need your passport to do any of those things here. Foreign IDs are NOT accepted as proof of ID. So most people just overstay and pay the small overstay fine upon departure in order to avoid sill bureaucracy and idiotic rules.

Cheers,

Angelo

@CVAngelo please does this requirements apply also for citizens of Ecowas country, precisely Nigerians? I heard that Nigerians are required to renew their visa for 3 months twice (180 days) before they can apply for resident Permit.

@CVAngelo please does this requirements apply also for citizens of Ecowas country, precisely Nigerians? I heard that Nigerians are required to renew their visa for 3 months twice (180 days) before they can apply for resident Permit.         -@IJELE EMPORIUM NIG LTD

You heard wrong. You are not required to renew your visa before applying for a residency permit. Anyone one can apply if they have secured all of the necessary documents for the type of visa you are wishing to apply for. The issue is that it can take many months to secure the required documents, regardless of your nationality.

Best regards,

Angelo

Dear Angelo,

I applied for the tourist visa twice for 3 months. That wasn't a problem. I would like to stay longer on the CV.

In Praia I went to the European embassy, then the Portuguese embassy and from there I was sent to the police because I wanted to find out about the Residenc card.

At the police station I was told to do this online.

I have the Portal Consular app, which I used to apply for my tourist visa.

The app lists everything you need for the residence card, but there is nowhere where I can apply for it!

I have not found anything on the CV Embassy website regarding the residence card. Only this "individual and simple multiple-entry visa". I also didn't understand what it could actually do! I have also written an email to the listed email address, but unfortunately I have not received a reply!

I would be very happy if you could help me!

So that I don't have to walk around for nothing next time in Praia 😅

Many thanks in advance for your reply

Kind regards

Julia

Hi Julia,

There's nothing that you can do online to obtain a residency visa (unless you're talking about the useless digital nomad visa, or the green card investment visa).

Normally, you MUST apply in person at the Immigration police (DEF) for a permanently residency visa.

Please contact me via private message and I will explain. I'll also provide you with my email and WhatsApp details so we can have a more specific discussion about the process.

Cheers,

Angelo