What apps or website do most people use to gather information ?

Hi I'm Marytha. I have been living in China for the past 6 years. I am planning to move to Vietnam with my husband soon. We are both in the tech space. We are looking for suitable work. I also have a few questions.

What apps do most people use to communicate? Are there any groups that I can add?

Does anyone have a good welcoming guide that shares the tips you wish you would have had upon moving?

What apps or sites do most people use for finding housing and jobs?

I truly appreciate your help because I'd like to move as smoothly as possible. Thank you

Hello Marytha,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created this new thread on the Vietnam forum from your post so that members may guide you.

I recommend that you read our Living in Vietnam Guide for expats to gather some information.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi I'm Marytha. I have been living in China for the past 6 years. I am planning to move to Vietnam with my husband soon. We are both in the tech space. We are looking for suitable work. I also have a few questions.

Hello marythaj. Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on you and your husband's upcoming move to Vietnam!

What apps do most people use to communicate? Are there any groups that I can add?

The most popular communication app in Vietnam would be ZALO (Link, Google search). I'm sorry I can't suggest any groups.

Does anyone have a good welcoming guide that shares the tips you wish you would have had upon moving?

Have you had a chance to review our expat.com Vietnam "Guide"? Alternatively, you might like to browse our ongoing threads, or open a new topic of your own for discussion. Also, on the right side of that linked page there is a "Search the Vietnam forum" panel.

What apps or sites do most people use for finding housing and jobs?

There was a recent thread titled "Rental Websites", here. See post #3 in that thread for listings. (you didn't mention where in Vietnam you will be based)

With regard to potential employment, have you had the opportunity yet to familiarize yourself with Vietnam's (onerous?) employment visa and work permit regulations/requirements?

I truly appreciate your help because I'd like to move as smoothly as possible. Thank you
        -@marythaj

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, marythaj. Lots of friendly folk here at expat.com. We'll help if we can.

Once again, welcome aboard, and hope to hear more from you again soon.