Overlap the stay duration of Vietnam visa

If I apply for a 2nd visa and the requested stay duration is overlapped with the 1st stay duration for several days, will there be any problem with the approval for the 2nd visa?

(The reason for overlap is to allow me the flexibility to pick an exit and re-entry day)

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Misinterpreted
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Misinterpreted
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am talking about the e-visa.

I did the 2nd visa with the entry day which was the day after the exit day of the 1st visa. I exited Vietnam and made the U turn at Thai airport going back to Vietnam. The airport way seemed like a lot of hassle checking in and out but I encountered no issue in getting visa approval because there was no overlap on the stay duration on 1st and 2nd visa. The timing for exiting and re-entering day and flight booking were tight but doable.

I want to try the Cambodia route next time and U turn at Mocbai as I saw on YouTube. This way, as I pictured in my head, there is problem if stay duration overlapping is not allowed.

Assuming my last day that I allow to stay in Vietnam on the 1st visa is April 9. I need to apply for a 2nd visa with entry day April 10 via Mocbai port. (Because overlapping April 9 is not allowed?? I don't know)

So i will be on the bus from Saigon to Mocbai on April 9 in the morning and make the U turn at Mocbai to Vietnam in the evening of April 9 still. This would not work because my re-entry day on the 2nd visa has to be April 10 as the earliest, unless I stay overnight in Cambodia before re-entering Vietnam which I do not want to.

I guess the multiple entry visa would have some advantage.

How do people do it? Thanks.

If I apply for a 2nd visa and the requested stay duration is overlapped with the 1st stay duration for several days, will there be any problem with the approval for the 2nd visa?(The reason for overlap is to allow me the flexibility to pick an exit and re-entry day)        -@giosamsung2012

Didn't we address this question with you previously a few months back in your very first post?

"A Vietnam visa application request a new entry date say Nov19 which is before the exit date say Nov21of the current visa, will there be a problem that application be denied?          -@giosamsung2012"

There were responses (with questions) from members to your post back then, to which you did not respond. My reply to you stated...

"Hello giosamsung2012, and welcome to expat.com.

I'm not sure if I quite understand your question.

As I read it, you currently hold an eVisa which is valid until Nov21st, but you wish to exit VN and reenter on Nov19th using a new eVisa which you will apply for. Is this correct? If so, I see no problem with this.

If that interpretation of your question is incorrect, feel free to correct me and we'll try to provide you with a correct response. Lots of friendly folk at expat.com.        -@Aidan in HCMC"

As I did not hear back from you, I assumed that my interpretation was correct.

My reply to you stands.

If I apply for a 2nd visa and the requested stay duration is overlapped with the 1st stay duration for several days, will there be any problem with the approval for the 2nd visa?(The reason for overlap is to allow me the flexibility to pick an exit and re-entry day)        -@giosamsung2012

Didn't we address this question with you previously a few months back in your very first post?

Yep, you did...

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1002203&p=7#5807092

I apologize for posting the same question again. I lost the password to the site and failed logging in many times till today.

I went back and checked out the answer and thanks to oceanbeach who did answer it, althogh he said it might only work in his/her case. There need to have more cases to confirm it.

Note: for info on an unrelated issue, my new visa was approved and I did apply for it while still inside Vietnam on the old visa

I apologize for posting the same question again. I lost the password to the site and failed logging in many times till today.
I went back and checked out the answer and thanks to oceanbeach who did answer it, althogh he said it might only work in his/her case. There need to have more cases to confirm it.

-@giosamsung2012

Things have changed.

Contact an agent.

Nobody on here can guarantee you anything now.

Otherwise, you are wasting your time waiting for more anonymous people to tell you what you want to hear.

Good luck