Offer from KDC

Hi I am Canadian National and have 15 years experience in drilling, completion, work over and D&C related contracts management. I received an offer from kuwait drilling.. but its seems low.. $100K but if i consider taxes,. then maybe its ok.. otherwise its quite low.. any idea how much i should expect?

Thanks

FB

100K for the year seems about right. Working rotation they will fly you home every 30 days

@fbt283 I think that's a good salary. Cause that's about 30,000 kd which is about 2500 kd. Your rent for 1 person for unfurnished studio can go from 100  to 200 kd per month. 1 bedroom with living room about 200 to 300kd (you can get 1 bedroom with living room unfunished for 300kd in a building with gym and pool). You can rent or lease a car from 120 to 150 kd. So 2000kd will be left. If you don't eat out every day you won't need more than 300kd  for groceries. And if you're eating out every day you might need 600 kd.

What position were you offered? Is it a rotation job or a resident job? If it is rotation, is it equal 28×28 or 56×28?

Also, bear in mind that you still need to pay Canadian taxes unless you cut all ties with Canada (selling your home or renting it, your immediate family doesn't reside in Canada, no trading account, no healthcare coverage, no RRSP nor TFSA contributions, etc.). So, don't exclude the tax burden unless you really meet the conditions. You need to consult with a seasoned tax advisor before you accept or reject.

That seems about inline with salary now days. The good old days of being paid tons of money for jobs in the middle east is gone. You will find that it is below what you will earn in Canada or Europe or about the same. It is rare to get paid above.

Also as the other poster stated above you will still need to pay taxes in Canada that means your not really saving anything on taxes.

The only benefit will be if its a rotational job. Possibly cheaper rent but the other living expenses will make it as expensive as living in Canada. Also don't forget that you won't be cheating citizenship or retirement by working in gulf countries either like you would in Canada or Europe.

@KamalAly this is a residential position. They will pay for my housing and car... I have no problem cutting residential ties.. as i am planning to sell my house and car anyway. But is there any issue keeping investment account? Investing through already entitiles RRSP and TFSA account? Because I wont have any income within canada.. so.. it shouldnt be any issue?