Renewal of self sponsor visa

Hi,

Any idea how long does the renewal of SS visa takes? I own a property here but I don't live here it's been two weeks that I am waiting. Old visa is expired and I can't leave the country and I  need to get back to work in Mumbai. I thought SS visa renewal will not take much time. Now some are saying maximum it will take 4 months and minimum 2 months. I've emailed here Self.Sponsorship@npra.gov.bh, they are very quick to respond. But doesn't know much and how much time it will take!! 

Also can you please suggest what kind of visa is the best for a property owner like myself, who doesn't live here but I do come here thrice or more a year. I have rented out my apt now and so the bank account here is very helpful with paying the EWA and maintenance of my apt. If I cancel the SS visa my CPR and bank AC won't work ( this is what I got to know) which will be a hassle for me.  Please help

The best visa for someone like you IS the SS property visa.  For renewal, the SS section themself, if you ask them, advise you to apply 6 months before expiry.  I am not sure why you thought that it is a quick renewal - the SS section gives out pamphlets which actually tell you to apply for renewal at least 6 months before expiry.

The renewal can take up to 6 months.  For some people on these forums, the renewal took 8-9 months.   

Once your SS visa is cancelled and the expiry date is reached in your bank records, your account will stop working if you don't provide them with a valid residence visa.  Same for CPR.