Issues with water set up in PR-need help

Our house is almost done (New home build), but I'm having tons of issues with water set up. There seems to be a hole in the ground in front of the house that is supposed to be for the water meter. I hired someone to go in my place and set up the account. She is now stating that I need to pay two grand to get the water meter set up because they have to break ground.

I'm totally not understanding this part. My neighbors around me are telling me that we should just be set up with the meter. The runner tells me that I need a letter from the developer that segregated the land  and had the water line setup provide a receipt to show it was paid for if that makes any sense.

Did anyone that built a house in Puerto Rico have to go through any of this?  Or knows what I need to do to avoid this?   I think this is total BS.  I feel I have to fix the bill of others. 1f625.svg1f615.svg

Check eith a plumber to do the water meter  then aaa certifies and turns it on 

@judyvillacis i just went thru this but before they increased the rate to what they are telling you. you also have to get a special permit from the municipality to break the street. To get your meter even connected after its installed is also a process that comes with other headaches. if you want to chat further let know.