Menu
Expat.com

what salary in KSA in 2024 ?

Last activity 27 May 2024 by XTang

huguetth

Hello all

I am trying to make myself an idea of the average salary you could expect in KSA and the type of package company are ready to offer.

Of course, salary depends on your life style, however, considering the school fees and accomadation will be a hit on the total expenses :

• Is asking a salary of 40,000 SAR per month is out of scope for management jobs within supply chain for example ? (we are 4 with 2 kids in college)
  • Are the company considering the total size of the family or only the indiviudal they seek to hire ?

Thank you for your insights !!

Theo

Ali_N

Hello Theo,

It depends on the company size regarding the pay. It should be north of SR 50k if it is a C level position. You need to negotiate family benefits in terms of insurance, air tickets, schooling and so on. Also the city would affect your package in terms of cost of living.

Hope this helps!

huguetth

@Ali_N

Hi Ali

Thank you for your reply !

It does help however, this would not be a C level position but rather an intermediate management job.

Hence, arround 40k per month would not be something irrelevant ?

Ali_N

It depends on the company if its local or an MNC in terms of how much they can offer but please do negotiate for 40k

HFE

Hi Ali, how north of 50k would you suggest for a director  role?

XTang

This is very generic.  Forget the title.  It is all about the company, the size of the business, your experience and their policies.  I have seen so called "directors" get even 20K and 70k.   Also, they are hiring you - so family size is not considered.  Be aware that most companies provide family benefits for ONLY two kids.......meaning that you have to pay out of pocket for their insurance, tickets etc.

YOU need to decide what is your must get range and then never go below that.  Just walk away if someone doesn't match it.   Most people are so desparate to get out here that they undersell themselves and then get stuck.   Your entry salary will determine your next salary in job switches.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles