Indian community in Türkiye

Is there any Indian community living in Türkiye looking forward to migrate to Türkiye so I want to know how many Indian are already migrated to Türkiye....

Thank you:)

@Fatima_khan I love Indians, how they behave, they cook and do business; however very limited number of Indians (I am disappointed, I think Turkey needs Indians (in simple jobs, but especially create business (for me personally restaurants especially) . Really a shame I lived in many countries and in most Indians were present.

As a side note Turkish restaurants are great and we visit often, but we miss eg Indian, Chinese, Mexican, ...

Also comment where to buy Indian spices (my wife cooks good, but ingredients are important).

I do not know why it is stopping Indian restaurants to open (Alanya/Mahmutlar)

But bottom line Indian community (in our area is limited (or even non existing))

@cdw057 oh I really appreciate your comment I haven't seen any Turk yet being good with indian they have a very bad image of Indians but we love turks not all but only our community hope you understand we're planning to settle in Türkiye hope so we can open a restaurant too let's see how Turks will welcome us love & respect from India:))

Note: YOUR COUNTRY IS SOO BEAUTIFUL

As per below, even in Mahmutlar, loads of restaurants, quite a lot we visit, some others we do not.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mahmutl … id=lclsmap

It is about service, politeness and of course food. For us personally we do NOT visit restaurants who only open after 16.00, we tend to eat at noon (but that apart (however we see that restaurants open at evening/night  are not doing well at all).

Bottom line we visit around 8 restaurants, 8 others we do not.

In Mahmutlar many Russians, but also Germans, Dutch, English and Scandinavian also flooding in.

No matter where you want to settle, please find an area with Tourists (and locals) with some money to spend.

@cdw057 As a side note, people can or can not worry about price, as for me and my wife we have no problem to pay for a good lunch/dinner EUR 60, unfortunately many tourists only eat in all-inclusive hotels, you have to stand out (the budget restaurants are also struggling). As a anecdote, we live here for more then 2 years, on the best location we had an Afghan restaurant (VERY good in terms of quality, but waiting for our drink or soup 30 minutes is too long (still we went there a few times)), there was also a Tsjeten restaurant (fine, but also too slow), also an Azerbedjan restaurant (quality was fine, but too few customers), now a different restaurant (we did not go (too few customers, shows to be deserted and prices are too high (ie better not to compete with local cuisine)

For many (including me and my wife) the price is not the driving factor. Restaurants should target people with cash, perhaps better to have 8 clients who spend rather then 30 clients who buy a cappucino.

My personal opinion is that an Indian restaurant will do not so well here as the Turkish food is way better than that of most countries and probably why there aren't any here.

I agree, Turkish food is great and we go to restaurants frequently (a lot of choice), still one might consider other food (of course of good quality). We are no tourists, we are residents, I think if good (within 500 m) we will visit once per week (at least). By the way Chinese or real Mexican food would be good as well.

I have to say Turkish kitchen (and service in restaurants) are great (service and speed are important (I do not want to wait for 30 minutes for my soup or orange juice (these restaurants even they are Turkish are dismissed from my list)).

With so many English, Scandinavians, Germans (and Dutch) are coming, there is a chance for good Indian restaurants.

For local economy it can be good, but sometimes we think 4x per week is too often (my wife cooks very, very well). Finances is not the issue, variety is.

For possible movers, prices are inceasing rapidly, perhaps not in rural areas, but certainly in Alanya and around, Even in normal restaurants you easily pay TRY 1.000 (for 2, soup and main dish as well as tea)

In very cheap restaurants you have to pay 700.

In the upscale you pay nowadays TRY 1750

Service is good, they bring and clean ash-trays, they know us (by now), but service ofcourse is incentivised by tips (on top of the above)

@marleysa Perhaps you have seen the difference, treatment of tourists just ordering a tea and use their laptop for a few hous in the shade, or treatment of real clients (ordering food, drinks, baklava etc.)

@cdw057 oh I really appreciate your comment I haven't seen any Turk yet being good with indian they have a very bad image of Indians but we love turks not all but only our community hope you understand we're planning to settle in Türkiye hope so we can open a restaurant too let's see how Turks will welcome us love & respect from India:))Note: YOUR COUNTRY IS SOO BEAUTIFUL     

A good college friend and his wife visited Turkiye a while back on a cruise first to Greece then to Kusadasi to see Efes and came away with excitement and love for his experience in Turkiye.  Last summer, my friend and his wife spent 5 days in Istanbul and 4 days in Cappadocia and upon his return, when I asked him his overall impression, he couldn't stop talking about the warmth of the people besides all of the other positive memories he and his wife now have.  And naturally, I am responding to your comment because Binoy is Indian.   Binoy loves Turkiye and intends to visit me after I move to Turkiye.

@Gino_C As a tourist I would avoid the megacities (this would even include Antalya (and even Alanya), Tourist centers attract, lets say politely very commercial

business men. Personally I do not like tourists, but Turkey needs them though (not English please as far as I am concerned (Scandinavians, Dutch and German are accustomed to rules))

We live here for almost 3 years and the locals know us by now (restaurants, markets, supermarkets, hairdresser (I hate but my wife insists).

My health could be better (but also worse), an experience, I went shopping (for sparkling water) and it was too heavy and i fell down (epilepsy I think (hospital confirmed)). But at least 4 people offered to help (I was impressed but I did not accept). I do not know how things would go in Antalya or Alanya, but where I live it is good and people (perhaps I am naive) are honest.

Of course there are issues and we try to keep low profile, but appartments are still rented out (not allowed without consent)

I even heard that a reporter to police with 10% bonus of the fine. Again we like to keep low profile. but renting is tricky (especially short term)

My understanding for short term is only allowed if owners is themselves are in the property (real clamping down). Family etc. bottom line for renting consent is needed from ALL owners (of course also pay taxes by the landlords), official rules are strict, but in my view not yet strongly imposed. (we were checked a few times, but that was easy, we have our Ikamet, we own our property and we have no guests (what about the letting properties (just not opening the door is easy))

A bit off topic I admit, and perhaps I should create a different thread on short term letting, complex rules, management companies, neighbours (on our floor nothing to complain (yet), law over rules of the properties, .... So many interesting things

@Gino_C Okay thank you so much for your comment but can you tell me who's binoy?

Hi again to everyone I see you guys commented on my post thank you for that but you guys didn't read what I wanted to ask I want my question related answer hope you all understand

Thank you☺️

@Gino_C Okay thank you so much for your comment but can you tell me who's binoy?   

As I alluded to your comment that you hadn't seen any Turk being good with Indians and they have a very bad image of Indians, I provided you a rebuttal by telling you about the experience my good college Indian friend, Binoy had in Turkey where he felt the the warmth and positivity from all Turks.  Binoy did not have anything negative to say about his trip in Turkey.

In short, there is no Indian community here as far as I know - been living here 26 years and have not seen any.

Very sad, and I have to say only also no Chinese. Turkey is supposed to be at crossroad of countries, but not even spicy things from China or India, in this way I am disappointed so far. Not even Amazon Turkey offers VERY spicy things.

@Gino_C oh got it that sounds interesting I have only see online that Turk doesn't have a good image of Indians but Im sure they might be very kind and generous to foreigners because you Turks have manners I have a Turkish friend she hates indian people idk why but after she talk to me now she loves Indians were friends for so long now...