Married in Vietnam and divorced in USA. K-1 route question

Hi, I was married in Vietnam, but I have recently finalized my divorce in the US. I met another woman in VN and I was told that VN does not recognize my divorce unless I submit an application to their court and I am going with the K-1 route. Do I need to get both countries to recognize it the divorce before filing the K-1?

Hi, I was married in Vietnam, but I have recently finalized my divorce in the US. I met another woman in VN and I was told that VN does not recognize my divorce unless I submit an application to their court and I am going with the K-1 route. Do I need to get both countries to recognize it the divorce before filing the K-1?

-@Randomguy2040

So now you want someone else to tell you something different on this anonymous forum?

You guys who won't pay for legal advice deserve the quality of information you're receiving.

@Randomguy2040   Keep this in mind: meanwhile you are not divorced in Vietnam, how can you enter Vietnam in the future? because you would be a bigamist, an that's bad for you current fiancee as well.

Terminations abroad must be registered in Vietnam within 3 years from the day on which the foreign Court's decision takes legal effect. After that time limit  you will need to justify your delay.

In another hand, I don't know if your current country will ask you for a proof of divorce registration.

Better you and your ex should send a Power to Attorney to a VN-lawyer to do your registration before your second wedding.