Moving to Kuala Lumpur need info on rent, school, transport

Hi Folks

I am planning to move in kualalumpur Malaysia for my new job.

Wish to know the cost of 1-2 BHK Fully Furnished accomodation with security and zym pool service. What are the best international school and fees per academic year for primary and pre primary.

What are the cost of transportation

How much will be the cost of living including internet TV subscription and grocery for veg preferred people.

Thanks

@cavikash40keshri

Hello and welcome !

Till members guide you, feel free to read the articles of the Living in Kuala Lumpur guide for expats for first hand infos.

All the best

Bhavna

I used to rent our a 2-bedroom apartment in KL Gateway (South Bangsar) initially for Rm3,500 per month, but during Covid it dropped to Rm2,500 per month. That was a large modern apartment fully furnished and the condo has pool, gym, security, shopping mall downstairs and a short walk to the LRT train station. So for a place like that you could probably find for around Rm2,000 per month.

KL has a massive over supply of apartments for rent, which means a lot of owners are probably desperate to have a tenants and therefore willing to drop there prices considerably so don't be shy to bargain hard over the price.

I won't answer you about the coat of vegetables or meat or anything in a supermarket or wet market because you will manage fine. Same for schools, my kids went to Montessori schools when they were young and we moved away from Malaysia while they were still young.

For transportation, it would be good if you could find a place with LRT station. Also there are traffic jams in KL so I guess a lot depends on which part of KL you will be working. You need to find a place with a good location and public transport to both school and office.