Menu
Expat.com

SEZ Johor Bahru : Malaysia's new retirement visa rule broke my heart!

Last activity 29 September 2024 by Well travelled 70

Nomadic

If you have any estimate about the Minimum Required Price for a Property in JB to be qualified for the SEZ Retirement Visa...

and

How safe is JB for a single retired woman to live alone...

Thank you

Well travelled 70

Hello Nomadic,

I would aim for the MM2H visa and then look at upgrading to PVIP visa if elligible.

https://visaguide.world/retirement-visa/malaysia/

This doesn't appear to be too taxing if anyone is thinking of living in another country to retire.

Depending on the locality the general rule of Thumb is aim for 1 million Ringgit

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/propert … ysia-30975

Articles to help you in your expat project in Johor Baharu

• Visas for Malaysia
    Visas for Malaysia

Before traveling to Malaysia, it is advisable to check with the nearest Malaysian Embassy or Consulate regarding ...

• Work permit in Malaysia
    Work permit in Malaysia

Malaysia is a growing financial, technological and commercial hub in Southeast Asia. Kuala Lumpur, its historic ...

• Business license in Malaysia
    Business license in Malaysia

Malaysia is a country full of opportunities. It is an essential economic platform in Southeast Asia. Therefore, ...

• About Malaysia
    About Malaysia

Getting into Malaysia is ain't that easy, But if you prepare yourself carefully, you might be able to ...

• Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods
    Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods

Kuala Lumpur is a real megalopolis, surrounded by suburbs and neighborhoods so different from each other that they ...

• Buying property in Kuala Lumpur
    Buying property in Kuala Lumpur

When you plan to move to another country or another city, your first concern is undoubtedly where you are going to ...

• Expat death in Malaysia
    Expat death in Malaysia

The loss of a loved one is always a painful ordeal, but also often complicated for those left behind, especially ...

• The healthcare system in Malaysia
    The healthcare system in Malaysia

If you are moving to Malaysia alone or with your family, you will be happy to learn that this country has one of ...

All of Johor Baharu's guide articles