Shipping from UK to Mauritius

Hi everyone.

We're moving from the UK to Mauritius this year. We'd like to bring about 20 large boxes of our household items with us so we need to find a reputable shipping provider that will do an LCL (less than container load) since we're not bringing enough stuff for a whole container. But the companies we tried said they don't have enough demand for Mauritius so it's not financially viable. Any suggestions for shipping providers to Mauritius please? Ty in advance.

@dawny1307

Hello,

Feel free to order a free quote from our moving partner (click on boxes, luggages) : https://www.expat.com/en/movers/africa/mauritius/

All the best

Bhavna

We used Crown relocations

I have sent you a private message of a company that provides competitive rates!!

@dawny1307

hi Dawny

where are you based in the UK?  There is a Mauritian freight company in Letyon who provides groupage for Mauritius and they were not that expensive  my friend used them last month  will try and find out who they were and who did their customs clearance here 

Regards

@Chantalev

Hi! We're in Stockport (Greater Manchester) up in the northwest of the UK.

Thank you so much for your help. Yes please; if you would find out those details for me I'd really appreciate it 🙌🏾

We're looking at bringing some "bespoke" household items that might be tricky to source in Mauritius eg; aircraft pilot simulator steering wheel/console stuff... musical instruments, specific household food fermentation/prep stuff etc.

We're aware we will have to pay import tax on those items though. Although we have absolutely no knowledge of how to go about that either!? 🤔

@Bhavna

Will do, thank you! 🙌🏾🙏🏾