Menu
Expat.com

UKSCAB IT system Down

Last activity 07 August 2024 by h2558

metallicaf

Hello,

I heard from agent that Saudi Cultural Attache IT system is currently down which is impacting degree attestation from cultural Attache in UK.

Anybody faced same issue recently and delay because of it? Or did anybody recently got attested in last few weeks/month.

Thanks

Mvee313

I am in the exact same position. its been 6 weeks now since I submitted my degree and paid the agent to carry forward the process. no updates yet. They are telling me the exact same thing that the Saudi cultural attache system is down. its been a month since its down. extremely frustrating as the Saudi company is chasing me for an update.

Mvee313

I really hope this gets sorted soon. i had my medical done a month ago. someone told me the medical is only valid for two months. if this attestation takes longer than that, it probably means I cant use that medical test for visa application and would have to redo it!

Mvee313

@metallicaf let me know here if you get any updates please and I will do the same. thank you and best of luck

Newcomerquestions

I'm in the same situation. Same thing from an agent saying it's been down for 6 weeks and no indication of when it will get fixed!

Mvee313

@Newcomerquestions

this is actually crazy. my agent initially gave me a timeline of 6-8 weeks for the attestation process. i am afraid this IT issue means the 6-8 weeks countdown has even started yet.

Mvee313

@Newcomerquestions

can you also please let us know here if you get any updates.

Newcomerquestions

@Mvee313sure will do. I did get one cert attested way back before systems went down and that took about 8 weeks so be prepared. I tried calling the Saudi Cultural Attche office but nobody answers

Mvee313

I assume this is the link which is down. might be worth checking this periodically to get an idea of when the systems back uphttps://attestation.uksacb.org/

metallicaf

If someone submitted their attestation request before the system went down and have a reference # then chances are that it's still sitting in the system and no one has access to it to do anything.  I am trying to contact  Uksacb via phone / email but no response yet. Will let everyone know if there is any luck..

Mvee313

Has anyone explored getting an exemption letter from Saudi employer and applying the visa without attested degree?

metallicaf

My agent advised that for professional /office jobs degree attestation is required. Would be good to know if there is any workaround or way through which it can be done at a later time after arriving into KSA

Mvee313

@metallicaf

any updates or progress at all from your agent? nothing from mine yet

metallicaf

Nope nothing

h2558

@Newcomerquestions hi! may i ask what are the documents required for the UKSACB attestation before the system went down? do you need a letter from the employer requesting the UKSACB to do the certificate attestation?  thank you in advance.

prisni

Folks,

Has anyone got an update?

Also, received this as a possible way forward -

"If the receiving party confirms that the Saudi Arabian Cultural Attaché is no longer need, we will need the original Diploma to start the legalisation."

What does this mean exactly?

h2558

Hi may i ask where you get that quote from?

metallicaf

@prisni I am not sure about this. My agent told me that it depends on the job title on visa block. For professional jobs like accountant, manager the degree attestation is compulsory. But for jobs like technician, agent, support assistant attestation isn't required.

Best is to discuss with your agent as they do it everyday so have seen experiences of others

h2558

@prisni hi! not sure if everyone here has already submitted the attestation request through the agent or the online link before it was down. But if you have not submitted the request yet, you can possibly contact the saudi cultural office in your country where you are applying the saudi visa and ask if they can send your attestation request directly to the UKSACB.

h2558

@prisni i agree with metallicaf it is best to check with your agent. But i would also suggest to consult multiple agents if possible as it happened to me that my agent is not knowledgable and I would have much better understanding of the requirements way back and not wasted time on getting things done.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles