Portuguese citizen - Descendants of Portuguese Sephardic Jews

I applied for Portuguese nationality in May 2021. I applied for nationality under Sephardic law. I applied in full (including the Sephardic certificate from the Jewish community of Lisbon) one year before the law was modified (now you must have a property or company obtained by inheritance "mortis cause".

I am already in the third year of waiting and I do not know the possible time that this type of process takes.

On the consultation page (nacionality.justica.gov.pt), the point or step of progress is still marked 1 (there are 7 in total).

Does anyone know how long the process can take?

Can the steps (1 to 7) advance quickly or is it certain that the authority has not made any progress yet?

I hope someone has an idea and can guide me.

Thank you

The law for Safardic Jews has changed at the end of 2023 and it is now mandatory to have lived in Portugal for the last 3 years before applying. However, these changes have brought ambiguities that are being analysed on a case-by-case basis. That's why cases like yours are pending in justice issues.

I doubt that these cases will be resolved quickly, as there are thousands in your situation.

Eg.

https://www.caiadoguerreiro.com/en/new- … nship-law/

@JohnnyPT

Thanks ,,,,