Telephone usage

Can someone please tell me the most inexpensive method of calling on telephone to places such as USA, Africa, and Europe?  Thanks for your assistance.

Hello Peteai2004 ,

Magicjack is a cheap way to stay connected with family and friends back home. Magicjack uses high-speed internet (as low as 256K d/s) and allows for calling landlines as well as cellular numbers across the United States for approximately $20.00 a year. As for calling friends and family in other nations I am not aware of any program besides Skype.

For more information on Magicjack visit magicjack.com

Cheers,

Ismael

skype is a good option.

Also consider vonage - vonage.com

Thanks, Ismael.  I hope other members of this forum will give me additional suggestions based on their experiences.

Thanks, SaudiUK.

we are using skype and it works most of the time. Every now and then we have a bad connection here in South Africa, and then hubby and I can not use the video chat, we only use voice chat..but the plus side is it is free

Thanks Yolande.

Hi Skydream:

Thanks for the information.  I am familiar with Skype but what is "landlines phone cards?"  In the USA for instance, you can sign up for a package with AT&T, Verizon, etc.  Also you can purchase a generic phone card (which works on all networks).  With a $5 card, you can call Saudi Arabia, or Africa, or Europe for over one hour non-stop.  Do they have such cards here in Jeddah?  The cards I found at the supermarket are strictly limited to usage on STC, Mobile, etc.  Any suggestion will be appreciated.  Apart from Skype, I find that using my phone to call USA, Africa, Europe, can be very expensive!!!

You can find the landline cards in supermarkets it's called ( marhaba)
You dail free number then your pin number after thar make your overseas call
It's like ( balck gold or gold black in the USA ) you can find it between 10 to 100 riyals
I am not sure about how much they charge you per minutes but I am sure it's cheaper than cell phone
Don't hesitate to ask me about any details

Put Viber app on your i phone, assuming you have one and will give you free calls and texts to other smart phones in any country as long as they and you have wifi

Hi Bernex:

Thanks for your advise.  I have an Iphone but can you give me step-by-step directions on how to get the Viber app?

go to app store press search then put in viber, easy, there is a very small charge but obviuously nothing compared to calling