Follow-up residence card application after AIMA?

Hey guys,

So I attended my AIMA appointment in Lisbon April 2024, submitted all the required documents, did face capture and fingerprinting (biometrics), paid the fees.

Now according to hearsay, it takes about 90 days for the residence card to be ready or for AIMA to deliver it to my address in Portugal.

I am still waiting till today in August 2024.

How can I track or know the status of my application? I have been living in Portugal since December 2023.

Any idea guys if you had similar experience and decided to follow-up with AIMA while expecting your residence card. Any contacts or offices to visit for this kind of issue or any help?

Same plight here. I had done this in Porto.

You can go to the AIMA store Lisbon in your case with the receipt and acknowledgment and enquire with the front office officers about the status of your residence card.

Hope this is helpful.

In this time and age of digitalization, this should be made seamless to track and reach out to the authority but that's just not the case here in Europe.

I had done this in Porto.You can go to the AIMA store Lisbon in your case with the receipt and acknowledgment and enquire with the front office officers about the status of your residence card.        -@bingchandler2224680

Thanks for the suggestion.

Were you able to get your card after the follow-up in Porto?

No luck there. I wrote to the AIMA via form https://aima.gov.pt/pt/contactos - waiting for response yet.

No luck there. I wrote to the AIMA via form https://aima.gov.pt/pt/contactos - waiting for response yet.

-@bingchandler2224680

When was your AIMA appointment?

How long have you been waiting for your residence card after the AIMA appointment?

Successful AIMA appointment in Faro and took over 9 months to receive my card and only after another visit by a legal representative. Multiple emails that never received a response and every phone call was answered by a recorded message directing me to the website. One can travel outside the country and return with the paper residence permit but there are some actions that require the actual card. Great deal of patience required!

I paid for my new 5 year residence card 3 weeks ago and waiting for it to be delivered, I have no idea how long that process is for manufacture and delivery.

I will be away from my adress for the next 4 weeks..is it likely it won't be here by then anyway.

Can I go and pick it up in person somewhere.

Thanks for feedback.

@bloggerblogger

Join the crowd.  I was able to renew my Residencia on-line, but my wife, whose Residencia expired the same time as mine (that is July 2023) has not been able to do so.  She can't get an appointment and in spite of every effort, there is no contact from AIMA who is now going on strike until the end of the year. 13 months to do a renewal???  So far.

3 months I am told...for getting the card after paying.