Considering Mellieha area

Hi all

My family and I are planning on moving to Malta around April next year. I had originally hoped to live in the Sliema area but am beginning to wonder if this might be too cramped and I may not get the sea view I hoped for. I have been looking at the northern areas on the coast and quite like the look of Mellieha but it seems maybe a bit too far from everything. Is there anywhere in the north that seems quite similar to Mellieha but closer to Sliema that I should consider? I did live in Qawra and Bugibba many years ago and from what I understand it is quite built up now. Ideally I am looking for sea views with a less cramped feel, i.e. not looking directly into someone elses apartment from my balcony!

Thanks

do you want north or south...

South you have Marsaxlokk, Marsascala or even where i am in Birzebbuga.

North obviously you have Mellieha or St Pauls bay area....

Really depends on what you are looking for...

It takes me about 35 minutes in the morning to get to my work in Naxxar from BBuga, although on a weekend i can get to St Julians in about 20 mins...

J.

I was thinking north preferably, just becuase the main areas I have always went to have been Sliema, Valetta etc.

The problem I have with Mellieha is that I think there may not be anything to do as such. With a baby I don't want to spend half my time travelling and I know in Sliema and surrounding areas, I have pretty much everything on my doorstep, as well as job opportunities.

I think you also need to consider bus transport, so being near a supermarket might be worth checking, Oawra I would say is not tha built up, we have an excellent see view over the Salt Plains and close to pub/restraunt and the 2 Euro shop. The Irish bar is 10 minutes, the beauty parlor in 5 minutes sea 20 seconds all walking. 15 minutes to St Julian's,Silema etc Bus a bit longer bus stop at top of my road. We also have a couple of second hand shops at top of road, and would you believe I got a Daks Suit for 4 Euros, and it fitted (never brought any work/meetings clothes so save the day) . Can't fault it, or just for you "Yeh Canna wack it".

Mellieha is a lovely village one of the best - and it has the very best beach...depends a lot on what you want to do - has great views if you get the right apartment. It has lots of cafe bars restaurants. It doesnt get too swamped by tourists. It may be a bit quiet for you if you want a raving nightlife - but its a lovely village. We can get everything we need for sure, there to butchers,  bakery, a patsserie, lots of small grocers. shoppers, clothese shops, newsagents card shops chemists, fresh fish shopan iceland type shop, furniture stores, a brand new labour club two band clubs, elvis tribute bar, a SFC, kebab shop, three hardware shops, fresh fruit and veg shops and trucks, fresh chicken van, gas supplies, refuse disposal 4times a week, shoe shop and cobblers. so all in all as much as you could want on your doorstep really - the bus service at the moment is a bit hit n miss but expect massive improvements in the coming weeks.

as for jobs again it depends on what you are looking for but there aint massive opportunities here for sure - the only real jobs here are withing hotels cafes bars etc.....the usual suspects.