Question on retirees working in France

We are retirees who check all the requirements for retiring in France. My husband is holding off his retirement benefits and likes to be productive with his time. He had read somewhere that you can work in France as long as he earned less than Euros 9,964.00 annually. Can someone who is familiar with this topic please verify this information and if it is part of the Long Stay visa application process.

Hello smcnitt2,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Just checking in to see if you have been able to gather any information on this specific topic. It is quite interested, and I would really appreciate if you could share any insights or details you might have found.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

I'm also retired and living in France, so I've been through this. You're right about the earnings cap—it's around €10,000 a year. My spouse works part-time here just to stay busy, and as long as they keep it under that limit, it's all good. It didn't come up in our visa application process, but it's something to keep in mind if he decides to take on some work. Best to check with an expert just to be sure you're on the right track.

Thanks so much for your valuable information.  That was very helpful to us.  We are from   Northern Michingan & lived in Florida. We arrived here beginning of August & will be in Pau until October 26th.  If you both are comfortable for us to meet up in a public cafe or anywhere convenient for you please let us know.

Looking forward to hearing you both.

Eric & Susannah.

@smcnitt2 I'm not living in France I live in Morocco