Menu
Expat.com

Seat in Trade Representative Office

Last activity 16 October 2024 by Vasilev

capncrunch

Hi there

I’ve been reading about the Trade Repesentative office visa option and there seems to be some very knowledgeable people on here. Someone mentioned that if a person was going the TRO route, as it benefits 3 people, they could potentially sell the other ”seats” in the business. How might a person going about finding someone selling a seat? Any ideas? twemoji

many thanks

gwynj

@capncrunch

Usually, the folks selling TRO seats were immigration attorneys.

However, there's a very big potential change (it might even be an actual change, by now) to TROs. This relates to a minimum turnover of your foreign entity (500k euros, or thereabouts) rather than the previously vague "economically active". This will probably put a stop to attorneys creating a few shell entities in order to get shell TRO registrations.

If you PM me, I can give you the deets of a good attorney who used to do TROs, and you can find out if he can still do them. And if so, what is the cost of a seat (and the associated visa and residence permit applications).

I believe it's Schengen/EU related, and Bulgaria has been asked to tighten things up. They might also be wanting to push folks towards the investor visa instead. This has a lower number (300k euros ish), and it does not have to be a business investment (you can invest in a nice property to live in, or they might accept one to live in, and a couple of buy-to-lets).

Vasilev

@gwynj

Yes, you are completely right. Our government plans also to make some amendment in the Foreigners Act not only for the economic part, but to increase the number of possible representatives from 3 to 2.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bulgaria

All of Bulgaria's guide articles