Menu
Expat.com

Traffic violation when i was out of country

Last activity 21 October 2024 by Al Professor

yaseen2shirur

I left Saudi Arabia 5.5 years ago on an exit re-entry visa, but due to unavoidable circumstances, I couldn’t return. Before leaving, I had my car in Riyadh. One of my friends took responsibility for selling the car, and based on a format he sent me, I created a power of attorney from India and sent it to him. The power of attorney was made in the buyer's name.

However, the Pakistani buyer didn’t transfer the car into his name. When I asked about the status, both my friend and the buyer kept saying that it had been transferred and assured me that there was nothing to worry about.

I came back to Saudi Arabia 10 days ago on an Umrah visa, and to my surprise, I discovered that the car is still under my name with accumulated penalties.

Now, both the car and the Pakistani buyer are untraceable. Will I be held at the airport when I return to India?

Al Professor

Dear brother,

I am sorry to hear what has happened to you. It is hard to say what might happen, though considering it is more than 1 year since you left, how is your iqama still active?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles