Menu
Expat.com

Dating in Saudi

Last activity 11 September 2012 by Armand

Alliecat
RedGoblin wrote:

What in hell is happening on this topic..
and @AC: come on , you know better than to feed trolls..

You're right *hanging head in shame*

Saudi Guy
RedGoblin wrote:

from a fun q- to religion(woah!!) to what not...
Yikes!!

Dating in Saudi-- guess there is an adrenaline rush in avoiding the law and breaking it too.. wink.png

I didn't mean for it to turn into a religious discussion. But Saudi Arabia is governed by the Islamic law after all, and that is relevant information.

Ackeles
Alliecat wrote:
noke wrote:

Need help...girls are calling me, but they afraid me coz I don't know "roles of dating" here.
Can anyone illuminate me? smile.png
thanks.

You want to be "illuminated"?

YOU want to be "illuminated"???????

I'll freakin' illuminate you !!!!!

dumbom.gifdumbom.gifdumbom.gifdumbom.gifdumbom.gif

THERE!

Is that enough 'illumination' or would you like more? tongue.png

LMFAO! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Ackeles
RedGoblin wrote:

from a fun q- to religion(woah!!) to what not...
Yikes!!

Dating in Saudi-- guess there is an adrenaline rush in avoiding the law and breaking it too.. wink.png

one.png well said ..

imraan007

i guess the subject is enough to get the best of all of us...with a mix of cultures, we are definitely gonna get some "illumination" here.
my understanding of "dating" and "picking up girls" are different subjects. dating would involve some romance. but picking up girls may involve anything from a one night stand to romance.
so yeh one night stand in saudi, definitely no no

Alliecat
Saudi Guy wrote:

I didn't mean for it to turn into a religious discussion. But Saudi Arabia is governed by the Islamic law after all, and that is relevant information.

Actually, you didn't.  The religious elements just kind of *happened* and you challenged what you perceived to be misinformation.

Alliecat

Okay, I guess we should take pity on somebody begging for illumination.

So I searched out this book--I think he can buy it at Jarir wink.png

6835686647_ba57f2cb58_b.jpg

Saudi Guy
Alliecat wrote:

Okay, I guess we should take pity on somebody begging for illumination.

So I searched out this book--I think he can buy it at Jarir wink.png

[img align=l]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6835686647_ba57f2cb58_b.jpg[/url]

Does this book explain the roles(sic) of dating in Saudi? tongue.png

Alliecat

I'm not sure. Buy it and see!

Saudi Guy
Alliecat wrote:

I'm not sure. Buy it and see!

I'll buy your face.

Alliecat

mad.png

imraan007

lol...did u photoshop that?

Alliecat
imraan007 wrote:

noooooooooooooooooooooo.. it's a real book wink.png

Ackeles
Alliecat wrote:
imraan007 wrote:

NO WAY!! blink.gif

Alliecat
Ackeles wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
imraan007 wrote:

NO WAY!! blink.gif

Go ahead.. try to order it on Amazon, Ackeles lol.png

saimans

You might be kidding, Howcome there is not an issue over this book as yet ???

Maya Maya
Alliecat wrote:
noke wrote:

Come on guys...you scare people.
I know here are normal girls, they need guys, but they are scared.
I just want to know is there anyone here can share expirience how to hide nicely and how to make girl feels safe?

I think it's  IMPORTANT for people to know the consequences here. Often people on this blog (usually Saudis) act like it's okay to date and nobody is ever going to bother you.  However, this isn't the case.  Sometimes you get away with it--sometimes you don't. People need to be INFORMED in order to make clear decision about whether or not they want to take the chance.

very well said smile.png

Ackeles
Alliecat wrote:
Ackeles wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

NO WAY!! blink.gif

Go ahead.. try to order it on Amazon, Ackeles lol.png

I will order boxes of that .. and start selling to my saudi friends over here haha! big_smile.png

Maya Maya
Alliecat wrote:
noke wrote:

Need help...girls are calling me, but they afraid me coz I don't know "roles of dating" here.
Can anyone illuminate me? smile.png
thanks.

You want to be "illuminated"?

YOU want to be "illuminated"???????

I'll freakin' illuminate you !!!!!

dumbom.gifdumbom.gifdumbom.gifdumbom.gifdumbom.gif

THERE!

Is that enough 'illumination' or would you like more? tongue.png

LOOOOOL!
can i just say ur AWESOME haha!

Alliecat
Maya Maya wrote:

can i just say ur AWESOME haha!

Yes, you can shy.gif

imraan007

ladies ladies come on now leave it for the PM

saimans
Saudi Guy wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

@ Saudi Guy check this out.

http://leanman.hubpages.com/hub/Dating-Saudi-Girls

Not a reliable source for Islamic rulings and information. Anyone can just Google stuff and paste them. Please don't mislead others in the future. I'll be more than happy to answer questions regarding Islam if you have any.

Google should delete the content. Even in the article its mentioned the same. So Article publisher are more corrective to publish before the approval

Saudi Guy
wilson_derry wrote:
Saudi Guy wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

@ Saudi Guy check this out.

http://leanman.hubpages.com/hub/Dating-Saudi-Girls

Not a reliable source for Islamic rulings and information. Anyone can just Google stuff and paste them. Please don't mislead others in the future. I'll be more than happy to answer questions regarding Islam if you have any.

Google should delete the content. Even in the article its mentioned the same. So Article publisher are more corrective to publish before it is approved

Nah. As awesome and powerful as Google might be, they don't own or regulate the internet. They just index it. Easier solution is to just rely on reliable sources.

And common sense is to get the information from someone who practices Islam at the very least.

saimans
Saudi Guy wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:
Saudi Guy wrote:

Google should delete the content. Even in the article its mentioned the same. So Article publisher are more corrective to publish before it is approved

Nah. As awesome and powerful as Google might be, they don't own or regulate the internet. They just index it. Easier solution is to just rely on reliable sources.

And common sense is to get the information from someone who practices Islam at the very least.

Experts who write articles people trust the most. And Expert don't publish without someone having strong knowledge & experience

RedGoblin

I guess I am missing out on the fun by not posting.. should I shouldn't I?

Trols, robots and everybody else -- Where did the islamic rulings and laws come into play here?? I am going to say this AGAIN!

Dating in saudi - possible, but just have to accept the risks involved since two unrelated people of different genders are not supposed to mix.. But still very possible! big_smile.png

@Saudi guy_ you are dragging out stuff from I do not know where.
@wilson - Internet is perhaps the last free place where you can write what you want, so...
@AC- a book helps?? Come on... you know better. big_smile.png

Saudi Guy
RedGoblin wrote:

I guess I am missing out on the fun by not posting.. should I shouldn't I?

Trols, robots and everybody else -- Where did the islamic rulings and laws come into play here?? I am going to say this AGAIN!

Dating in saudi - possible, but just have to accept the risks involved since two unrelated people of different genders are not supposed to mix.. But still very possible! big_smile.png

@Saudi guy_ you are dragging out stuff from I do not know where.
@wilson - Internet is perhaps the last free place where you can write what you want, so...

Dragging out stuff from you do not know where?

I guess  I have to explain this to you. So i'll say it again.

The current subject of this thread is the consequences of dating in Saudi. A fellow member posted incorrect information about these consequences. I explained that he was wrong by quoting the source of Saudi ruling. The Quran.

What exactly am I 'dragging out'? I don't get it.

Alliecat
RedGoblin wrote:

What?  You never heard of 'self-help' books ?!?  There are millions of people who swear by them tongue.png

imraan007

@redgoblin u missed out on a lot yeh. Even u missed the point  clarification was presented by Saudi guy. It was a response to clarify incorrect understanding about a point which he knows well enough...I myself wanted clarification and in no means was he trying to impose religion. I believe that this forum does allow freedom of thought an expression so agree with Wilson and Allie cat was trying to throw some humor on the subject.
Again....u should know better red and let's keep up to date plz.

saimans

I belief in all religion, im not here to spread humor just helping people to know about Dating can cause affects or lucky person can survive without effects cool.png

Regards
Wilson

Alliecat

Okay, for many of you (most?) English is your second language so I often see you misunderstanding each other.

For example:  Wilson, Imraan was saying he agrees with you because of freedom of expression and said that *I* was trying to show some humor, which I was.

Sometimes topics/posts/people can 'press my buttons' and you'll see that I can be very serious and opinionated.  But most of the time, I just like to help people and, in the process, maybe have a few laughs smile.png

Saudi Guy
Alliecat wrote:

Okay, for many of you (most?) English is your second language so I often see you misunderstanding each other.

For example:  Wilson, Imraan was saying he agrees with you because of freedom of expression and said that *I* was trying to show some humor, which I was.

Sometimes topics/posts/people can 'press my buttons' and you'll see that I can be very serious and opinionated.  But most of the time, I just like to help people and, in the process, maybe have a few laughs smile.png

Your face presses my button.

Alliecat
Saudi Guy wrote:

Your face presses my button.

grrrrrrrrrrr.. my foot is about to press your *! (yes, again with your * lol)

Armand

offtopic.gif

saimans

@Alliecat i know imraan words were positive and agreed totally. The topic its about dating then why adding butts and ass in between lol. Continue the chapter

Alliecat
wilson_derry wrote:

@Alliecat i know imraan words were positive and agreed totally. The topic its about dating then why adding butts and ass in between lol. Continue the chapter

1.  No, you didn't agree.

2.  You digressed by discussing religion but I realized the tenuous link to the topic.

3. Talking about asses is as close as I get to dating so it IS on topic! joking.png

imraan007

and we are off topic...anyways i think u guys, all of u make this forum so interesting. every one with his or her own spice to the mix.
i guess i am guilty for getting little sensitive sometimes too. and there is a lot of misundersanding going around, but i love the wicked humor...i need that true raw humour, man's best medicine.
anyways, i was just trying to clarify what the discussion was about.
btw i love dates (the ones you can eat) :p

Maya Maya

lol @ imraan007

saimans

@ Imran007 - you can only eat dates here lol.....lol.pnglol.pnglol.png

imraan007

It's the only dates that is "halal"

Alliecat
saimans wrote:

@ Imran007 - you can only eat dates here lol.....lol.pnglol.pnglol.png

Actually, it sounds like he's a cannibal, eating his dates!

But excuse me, isn't talking about eating dates off topic? lol.png

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Riyadh

• Study in Riyadh
    Study in Riyadh

Saudi Arabia may not be one of the most well-known educational destinations. In fact, a lot of Saudi nationals do ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Buying property in Riyadh
    Buying property in Riyadh

Even though Saudi Arabia has experienced significant changes in the past years, the local real estate market ...

• Compounds in Riyadh
    Compounds in Riyadh

Here is a listing of many (not all) of the compounds in Riyadh along with contact information.

• Things to do in Riyadh alone or with your crowd
    Things to do in Riyadh alone or with your crowd

Riyadh is one of the biggest and most beautiful cities in Saudi Arabia, with quite a bit to offer to expats in ...

• Getting a driver's license in Riyadh
    Getting a driver's license in Riyadh

As mentioned earlier, the purpose of writing the article is to inform expats who arrive in Saudi Arabia, ...

• Developing your social circle in Riyadh
    Developing your social circle in Riyadh

Moving to a new city is never easy, especially if you have chosen to leave your friends and family. Then comes the ...

• Discover Riyadh
    Discover Riyadh

Riyadh is considered the most beautiful city in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for many reasons, including the ...

All of Riyadh's guide articles