Performing Umrah from Riyadh

Salam. We have moved to Riyadh recently from Singapore. We have two young children.Me and my husband were planning to perform Umrah with the kids. I do not want to take the bus package especially because of our children.

Can anyone suggest me any pagkage available by airway journey, or if you have such agent's website/contact info in Riyadh, (preferably english spoken) we do not know any arabic. Would  be really grateful.

First of welcome to Saudi and the forum.

If you are going for the first time for Umrah, I would suggest that you take some one along. But otherwise, book a flight to jeddah, be in ihram when you board, and the pilot will tell you when the flight passes over meekath. once you land in jeddah, there will be taxis that will take you to Makkah. they will usually drop you off at hotels close to the Haram Shareef itself.
after umrah you will be able to find taxis to take you back to Jeddah airport.

Rubia,

Walekumsalam. Book your tickets through saudiairlines.com. Round trip to Jeddah will cost ~SR 500/head. You should be able to catch a private cab from Jeddah airport to Mecca very easily. Book a hotel room at any of these hotels: Hilton/Ajyad/Rawabi Bustan/Dar al Eiman. These are all 100-120 meters from the Haram (which is a very important factor with kids, i guess). you can check other hotels are booking.com. If you want to skip these simple steps and want an agent to arrange everything for you, check out hayatour.com. They charge SR 3500/head for a 3 day umrah trip (this is clearly 60% more costly than doing it on your own). Hope this helps. Regards.

Salaams,

The quick way is to go by plane.

Saudi & Nas fly from Riyadh to Jeddah.

From Jeddah its about an hour journey by taxi to Makkah.
(if you need the numbers of taxi driver to get you from Jeddah to Makkah, PM me and I will forward the numbers to you)

I ring the taxi before boarding in Riyadh and tell him what time we expect to arrive in Jeddah and he is  waiting at the airport for us.

The journey by taxi from Jeddah to makkah is SR 200.

Obviously going by plane is significantly higher cost than bus or car.
The advantage of going by plane is that the time factor...going by bus will take almost 12 hours, by car 9hrs - 10 hrs.

Plane - Riyadh to Jeddah 1.5 hrs, Jeddah to Makkah 1 hr.

Recommend that with the children you go sooner as it is off peak season (quiet period) and therefore comfortable with the children.

thank you very much Red Goblin and the_blade for your helpful info.
@Saudi UK,thanks a lot for all the useful info. I hope Allah will make it easy and possible for us with the children. I will contact you once we finalize everything.

May Allah bess you

@RedGoblin

Dear brother,

Saw your post regarding umrah from riyadh by plan. I am going with kids from Riyadh, need your guidance. Thanks

@S Inam Ul Haq

hello, please create a new thread on the Riyadh forum to seek advice from active members. You won't receive any feedback from this member as it is an old thread (2011) and these members are no longer active.

Regards

Bhavna