Last activity 11 September 2012 by Armand

desertlifestyle

[Moderated: Not a dating website]

Alliecat
desertlifestyle wrote:

[Moderated: Not a dating website]

mad.png

omarabbas

I know its risky but people here are exaggerating it like crazy. its risky and really shameful if you get caught, but why get caught?
Simply dont meet in malls and restuarants and you'll be fine. there are so many ways around wink.png pm me for ideas :p

pkmusd

If you are caught dating then the consequences are pretty bad for you.
Lashes and if you are a expat likely will be deported after some charges.
And if you are married expat then the penalties are even more severe
watchout guys and gals

Destroyar

lol..this is hilarious. Of course one can date in Saudi Arabia. Unless someone tips you off you would be fine. Another giveaway would be dating someone from a different culture..if you date a Saudi national being a expat male or female..then you bcome a sitting duck...*wink*

RedGoblin wrote:
tomgwapo wrote:

Hey guys,

One good way to have a date is to visit several people of both sexes living in a flat, one with husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, perhaps kids.  Be sure your date is one of them. When everybody's in the bedroom late at night, then you have a date in the living room.

This is beyond weird and is almost the heights of desperation. I prefer not dating at all than that.

Martin Fin

Just do what the Saudis do!

Male checks into a hotel the Holiday Inn off of the Northen Ring in a favorate!  Gets two room keys goes out down the road hands one of the room keys to his "date" telling his "date" the room number he goes back to the room and waits for his date to discreetly arrive for the rondevous!

Simple and effective!

saimans
Martin Fin wrote:

Male checks into a hotel the Holiday Inn off of the Northen Ring in a favorate!  Gets two room keys goes out down the road hands one of the room keys to his "date" telling his "date" the room number he goes back to the room and waits for his date to discreetly arrive for the rondevous!

lol.pnglol.png Those who want to do will always find their way !! In life you either needs inspiration or desparation and this clearly a case of desparation !! smile.png

Martin Fin
saimans wrote:
Martin Fin wrote:

lol.pnglol.png Those who want to do will always find their way !! In life you either needs inspiration or desparation and this clearly a case of desparation !! smile.png

saimans

Quite agree but either that I guess can't exactly drive out into the desert and meet in a car when only one can drive and neither can be seen together. The same Saudi guy who told me how the rendezvous system works told me the way he picks up Saudi girls is to just leave his mobile number on a piece of paper on the edge of their seat if the text or call great if not ...... always the next one might! cool.png

saimans
Martin Fin wrote:

Quite agree but either that I guess can't exactly drive out into the desert and meet in a car when only one can drive and neither can be seen together. The same Saudi guy who told me how the rendezvous system works told me the way he picks up Saudi girls is to just leave his mobile number on a piece of paper on the edge of their seat if the text or call great if not ...... always the next one might! cool.png

I bet there would be more cheezy ways, have heard about using bluetooth also !! big_smile.png

I think necessity is the mother of the Invention... wink.png

saimans

Yea even i heard Saudi Youth Use Bluetooth Cellphones Savvy To Outwit the Sentries of Romance. tongue.png

saimans wrote:
Martin Fin wrote:

I bet there would be more cheezy ways, have heard about using bluetooth also !! big_smile.png

I think necessity is the mother of the Invention... wink.png

pkmusd
Martin Fin wrote:

Simple and effective!

have you tried that?

seeker of truth
pkmusd wrote:
Martin Fin wrote:

Simple and effective!

have you tried that?

lol.png

saimans

Not really into dating..but is it normal to get proposals from Saudi girls at work ?
Am I ready for marriage ?

ex_pa
Neffy wrote:

If I live alone can I have a male friend come to my apartment?  How will anyone know?

u tell me

imraan007

lol@eastlondon...what u mean like is it normal for girls to throw themselves at you? funny dude. i think its the other way around, you got to work for it

seeker of truth
ex_pa wrote:
Neffy wrote:

If I live alone can I have a male friend come to my apartment?  How will anyone know?

u tell me

lol.png

Freshlikesushi
imraan007 wrote:

i think its the other way around, you got to work for it

you're doing it wrong then

imraan007

What I meant is that it is not normal in Saudi for
Women tO propose usually it is the men that do. This is the norm in this culture

gokhanTheConqueror

Date N Death...

Coming soon...

Maya Maya

Dude, Seriously!... That's all I can say to the very last comments!

gokhanTheConqueror

why did you moderate this

there are lots of off-topic messages here

dont afraid of my intention

if my intention was bad, i would send a PM to mayamaya

i will write, what i wrote, again

my moderated message was "your eyes looking very good"

what is wrong with this message

i dont understand

vinnie2332

Ghokan, relax Buddy!cool.png

michaelpakenham
gokhanTheConqueror wrote:

why did you moderate this

there are lots of off-topic messages here

dont afraid of my intention

if my intention was bad, i would send a PM to mayamaya

i will write, what i wrote, again

my moderated message was "your eyes looking very good"

what is wrong with this message

i dont understand

I think that, given the context, it could have been seen as a chat up line, and this is not a dating site

imraan007

Hey all...in some cultures it may be considered inappropriate. Like if someone tells ur daughter or wife: hey u have beautiful eyes. Some cultures ( men and women) may not understand it they way u do...hope it explains a little. I'm not saying there is anything wrong in this...just hoping to understand the other side of the story.

Arbab
Martin Fin wrote:

Simple and effective!

That would be the silliest thing anyone would do. The highest number of dates being caught in Saudi Arabia are from the hotels. The hotel management and staff are given clear directions not to allow a couple into room unless they present a legal document stating that they are related to each other. If a date in caught in a hotel before the hotel management is able to report them to authorities, not only the hotel gets shut down but a hefty fine is also imposed. If you are on a date, the number of chances for getting caught in a hotel are very high compared to other places.

h.alnahdi

Dating lol it's old now anything new ?

saimans

Ive been on loads of dates here in riyadh. Everyone does it.

Freshlikesushi

whoa whoa

no need to yell

h.alnahdi

lol

Julien

or want to try dating

to ban or not to ban ?!

Freshlikesushi

ban

Freshlikesushi

im not your friend pal

ex_pa
Freshlikesushi wrote:

im not your friend pal

TheLegendLeads
HEBA M wrote:

I'VE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE AND I'M THE THE LAST TO KNOW THAT DATING EXISTS HERE HAHAHAHAHA....THANK YOU Expat.com!!smile.pngsmile.pngbig_smile.png

Thanks ignorance! big_smile.png
C'mon give us a break! Visit Riyadh Gallery and watch carefully, you'll find many.

A friend used to say, "A thief can recognize other thieves easily." lol.png so may be special senses needed to notice.

TheLegendLeads
HEBA M wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

whoa whoa

no need to yell

NOT YELLING MY FRIEND....CAPS IS JUST MY THING;)big_smile.png

Actually Caps lock on is always considered offensive writing. @FreshLikeSushi's comments are natural.

imraan007

There are many sites that you can search that teach Internet  etiquette . I suggest taking a look at them as "your thing" may not be everyone's thing. And just plain wrong on a forum...keep the peace!!! smile.png

TheLegendLeads
HEBA M wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
HEBA M wrote:

I'VE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE AND I'M THE THE LAST TO KNOW THAT DATING EXISTS HERE HAHAHAHAHA....THANK YOU Expat.com!!smile.pngsmile.pngbig_smile.png

Thanks ignorance! big_smile.png
C'mon give us a break! Visit Riyadh Gallery and watch carefully, you'll find many.

A friend used to say, "A thief can recognize other thieves easily." lol.png so may be special senses needed to notice.

I HANG OUT IN MALLS ALL THE TIME AND EVERYONE I SEE IS :COUPLES WITH THEIR KIDS,FAMILIES,GROUP OF FEMALES,GROUP OF MALES OR PEOPLE ON THEIR OWN...I DO WATCH PEOPLE YOU KNOW LOL.
PLUS SECURITY IS VERY TIGHT NOWADAYS IN MALLS...THEY EVEN HAVE THOSE SECURITY GUYS STANDING AT EVERY CORNER IN THE FOOD COURTS.

Security guards don't bite and a confident looking body language can easily deceit anyone.

P.S. You selection of words is good and you write well. It does look like yelling. So, please lower down the Caps smile.png

Freshlikesushi

LOUD NOISES

citrixme

MayaMaya ,dating with Nikab smile.png?

noorbond

when i came to visit my husband i had to have my passport and marriage certificate just to check into a hotel

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Riyadh

• Study in Riyadh
    Study in Riyadh

Saudi Arabia may not be one of the most well-known educational destinations. In fact, a lot of Saudi nationals do ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Buying property in Riyadh
    Buying property in Riyadh

Even though Saudi Arabia has experienced significant changes in the past years, the local real estate market ...

• Compounds in Riyadh
    Compounds in Riyadh

Here is a listing of many (not all) of the compounds in Riyadh along with contact information.

• Things to do in Riyadh alone or with your crowd
    Things to do in Riyadh alone or with your crowd

Riyadh is one of the biggest and most beautiful cities in Saudi Arabia, with quite a bit to offer to expats in ...

• Getting a driver's license in Riyadh
    Getting a driver's license in Riyadh

As mentioned earlier, the purpose of writing the article is to inform expats who arrive in Saudi Arabia, ...

• Developing your social circle in Riyadh
    Developing your social circle in Riyadh

Moving to a new city is never easy, especially if you have chosen to leave your friends and family. Then comes the ...

• Discover Riyadh
    Discover Riyadh

Riyadh is considered the most beautiful city in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for many reasons, including the ...

All of Riyadh's guide articles