Expat blog meetup - Friday 11th November

So, we haven't had an expat meetup from this forum for a while (that actually happens and people come to), so let's have one!

We'll be meeting on the 11th November:

London Bar,  C/ Nou de la Rambla, 34

at about 8pm.

Anyone who fancies coming post in here, and if you have any questions post it here, or send me a message.

Hi JPOPE,

That sounds like a good plan, I have been here two weeks now and it would be really nice to meet some new people.

Count me in, see you there.

Siabhra

Hi John,
Count us in too!! We'll be there.

Priscilla

Less than underwhelming response :)

Hi there!

I hope to be able to join too.

hi there:)

i think I can make it, too.

see you on friday.

How do we recognise the group?

cheers

The bar has a second 'room' at the back, if there are going to be about ten of us or more I will go and ask them to keep that bit free for us.

I will definitely come by as well.

Cheers

Hi there, I've never been to one of these meet ups! What are they usually about? Or is it just a social hour? Thanks for the invitation!

It's not about anything really, just getting together for a few beers and meeting new people.

I'm in. Looking forward to it.

Hi, I'll defo try and make an appearance as well :o)

hey there lads, i'll join in the party, see you there amigos

Hey guys,

Hows everyone doing??

Thanks for the invite JPope and you can count me in too..really looking forward to meeting everyone.

See you all soon
Adios

see you there guys!!!

I will invite a couple of friends also.

cheers,
Ed

Hello,

I will try to come along, it would be good to meet new people!

Thanks for the invite,
Caroline.

See you on Friday! Cheers, Regine

ill ask the boy wonder and if he's up for it, we'll be there too.

Hi Everybody,

I was talking to a guy in my company and they are organizing with Sotavento an event at 10 pm on friday. There will be a buffet pica pica. I can get us for free to the event. I would need to know the number of people who want to go so I can put us on the list. is anybody interested?
Maybe go and have a drink and after that go to dancing? please send me a message if you want to go.

saludos
Ed

saludos,
Ed

I hope to attend. Thanks for organising. Robin

Sounds like a great chance to meet new people.
Thanks for your initiative and invite.
Shane

Thakyou for the invitation!
Id like to come next friday to the London Bar about 8pm
So see you there.

Jaume

Hello everyone!
Although I am not a pure expat I am not from Barcelona either.
Thank you for the invitation, sounds great, I'll try to be there of Friday.
Seeya,
Rubén

EdMontreal wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I was talking to a guy in my company and they are organizing with Sotavento an event at 10 pm on friday. There will be a buffet pica pica. I can get us for free to the event. I would need to know the number of people who want to go so I can put us on the list. is anybody interested?
Maybe go and have a drink and after that go to dancing? please send me a message if you want to go.

Hi Ed,

Not sure I understand, are you saying to meet up as planned at the London Bar, and then head over to Sotavento later?

If so, would we need to be there at 10, or could we turn up later, and how many people could you guestlist, as there are about 24 coming to the meetup so far (including a few who sent me private messages)?

Hi Jpope,

sorry can't make it this week; will be abroad, but I think we should definitly do this more often.

Adrian

Hi JPope,

Yes, the company Full size is part of the companies I work with. They are organizing a party this Friday at Sotavento. The party starts at 10 pm and there will be Pica pica to start with. After that is the dancing time. I can get entrance for those who want to go and friends, I just need to know how many will go. I have already on my list 23 people!   

http://es-es.facebook.com/pages/Full-Si … &filter=12

Concerning if it is possible to arrive later. It is possible, the only thing that would happen is that they wouldn't participate in the pica/pica. They told me that I can bring 70 people but I just need to advise them with time. So if people can confirm before tomorrow 3 pm, that would be perfect.

saludos,
Ed

JPope wrote:
EdMontreal wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Hi Ed,

Not sure I understand, are you saying to meet up as planned at the London Bar, and then head over to Sotavento later?

If so, would we need to be there at 10, or could we turn up later, and how many people could you guestlist, as there are about 24 coming to the meetup so far (including a few who sent me private messages)?

Id like to come aswell!

Cara

Great idea! See you on Friday then!

-Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if anybody is interested in also go later to the Sotavento Event so I can put you in the list. If yes, just send me private message so we do not make a mess in this post =)

Cheers,
Ed

Yeah, sounds nice, let,s meet! :)

It's been a while since we had one of these. I'll definitely try to pass by!

Will be there as well!

IM COMING !!! ;) cant wait to meet some new people ;) xxx

hi!

I've been told it is really expensive!! does anyone know how much is a beer? I don't want to be cheated;

ta

Eva

Its not expensive.

They change prices at 9pm. Before 9 it is on the cheap side of average. After 9 it is just average. Best thing to do is buy a bottleof wine just before 9 :-)

allrightly

Hi all!

As I am mediterranean and very kind of expressing yourself person, I HAVE TO SAY I felt really cosy, comfy and had great fun last night. All the people in the group was very nice and polite... I just missed so much my golden ages in beautiful England...

I hope to see you soon,

cheers,

Eva

Hi all,

how did the nigth out go last friday?

I actually couldn't make it, but is there anything similar planned this week?

Thanks

Adrian

Not bad, i remember we started in the London Bar drinking something, later we were eating in a resto, and... I remember something about smoking mariwana, a couple of girls dancing naked over the table... but just flashes. Really I cant remember so good, when I woke up I was in the beach alone.... :lol:

It is Tuesday today.. Are we all meeting up somewhere? Its the last week of 2011!! Wot say everyone? Lets meet up! :)