Menu
Expat.com

MOVIE or TV series?

Last activity 22 August 2012 by gabby.gaviola

gabby.gaviola

what's more interesting and enjoyable?

HaileyinHongKong

The TV shows here are strange, but we get all the big movies.

gabby.gaviola

is it because you're in China?

HaileyinHongKong

TV shows in Hong Kong are mostly loud and non-stop sensory overload.  I don't think they've ever heard of less is more.

zoomwoom30

I like movies more. With series, if u miss a couple, it is like u have been away for a long time and it is a bit hard to follow what has been happening. With a movie, u get it done in one sitting.

HaileyinHongKong

Except the Simpsons.  You could watch them all backwards and it wouldn't make a difference.

Wicco-Egypto

I love movies a lot smile.png

johnsonm90

Definitely Movie.. It starts and then ends within 2 hours..Unlike TV plays which keep on lingering on..

fanling

Both if the story is good, but I do dislike loud busy TV shows.

David1946

I prefer Movies i dont like to be wondering what will happen in the next episode as in a series.   

David 1946

gabby.gaviola

MOVIES. Definitely. Even if I watch the same movie over and over it doesn't bore me...

karolcrumps
gabby.gaviola wrote:

what's more interesting and enjoyable?

I love them both,series greys anatomy is my absolute favorite,,and i generally like epic movies

Monicachia

Somehow I will prefer movie because TV series is kind of "long winded"...kind of boring sometime if the plot is not good enough..

lukme

movies!!!!!!!

dOma

I guess movies suit the crazy fast life style the whole world has now..who has the time and tolerance to stick to some tv series yet there are exceptions always like Friends,etc..

AnthonyFreedom12

I think movies are more interesting than TV series.

AlloMaurice

TV series when i'm tired and go to bed early. 30mins is fine otherwise definitely movies. Even better to watch at the cinema than on TV.

missmm

Gossip Girl definitely.. Love it..
But movies as well.. wink.png

haggishunter

I like true crimes on tv....F.B.I files etc, all the forensic stuff but dont like c.s.i.
movies i like action

Fred

Films as a rule but the odd series.
Not that I ever get chance to watch TV as such.
My kid had stolen my 32" LCD as a cartoon channel viewer and my wife uses the 19' LCD to watch fox crime.
I have another 19" LCD on my computer so I get to watch films on that but only until my wife complains I'm ignoring her so I have to switch it off.

johnsonm90

i prefer movies !

abdulazziz lopez

I like both, espaecially that interest me. Movies can be continued in series and tv series now can be made into one movie like in phil.....smile.png

haggishunter

Reading all your posts.
it just hit me dumbom.gif i need to go to the movies more tongue.png

kevins001

Tv series by far,  they last longer and I enjoy cliffhangers - weird yes, I know

Robyn_1

Movies. So much diversity and some have great depth in their time frame. Fascinating to see good character and story development with good actors.

rajrana1981

Tv series - the SOPRANOS

francaiscuisine

movie, definitely..
not really a fan of TV series smile.png

Laoting

Movies if you do not have time, and TV series if you have lots of time. LOL. Though sometimes some TV series tend to get boring after a few series.. sad.png

kiwiinkorea

For me it's definately movies. It's all told within a couple of hours. A TV series tends to drag on often for years and still without a conclusion. However there have been some great TV series, loved The Sopranos.

rajrana1981

Tv series intrigues you as compared to the movies .

travelershome1

what's other than tv and ect?

Primadonna

For me it's definately movies too but there is one serie I always keep a place in my heart because it reminds me about my mother and I watching togeter. And I love the humor,
The serie? James Herriot!

gabby.gaviola

For TV Series... i only go for the walking dead and family guy... big_smile.png but i still vote for movies...

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles