Menu
Expat.com

Hello guys and Amsterdam :D I need some advices here!!!

Last activity 09 January 2012 by MiriamH

Kassie.V

Hi there everybody!

I'm a Vietnamese girl who is living in Santa Claus home country - Finland smile.png and I'm going to Amsterdam in 2 weeks for 1 exchange semester smile.png I'm so excited and also a bit nervous about my trip now big_smile.png

I have a small trouble on my arrival day that I really need a little help or advices from you guys smile.png I will arrive in Amsterdam at about 4pm and the first thing I need to do is going to the house company (deKey is the name of the company) to pick up the key. However, they only open until 4.30pm, so there's no chance I can make it in time.

I would have 2 options: either I can ask someone to come pick the key up for me before they close (they allow this option) or I need to arrange the first night by myself. Honestly, I don't know anybody in Amsterdam at all, and so lucky that I found this forum. I would appreciate a lot if someone can help me out or give me some advices smile.png

Anyway, it would be very nice to make new friends in a new city. And if anyone interested in visiting Finland or Vietnam, I'm here for your information smile.png

And sorry in case my post is not in the right place big_smile.png Thanks for reading my super long post big_smile.png

Kassie!

ahzan malik

hi kassie, wen r u komming ? smile.png

Kassie.V wrote:

Hi there everybody!

I'm a Vietnamese girl who is living in Santa Claus home country - Finland smile.png and I'm going to Amsterdam in 2 weeks for 1 exchange semester smile.png I'm so excited and also a bit nervous about my trip now big_smile.png

I have a small trouble on my arrival day that I really need a little help or advices from you guys smile.png I will arrive in Amsterdam at about 4pm and the first thing I need to do is going to the house company (deKey is the name of the company) to pick up the key. However, they only open until 4.30pm, so there's no chance I can make it in time.

I would have 2 options: either I can ask someone to come pick the key up for me before they close (they allow this option) or I need to arrange the first night by myself. Honestly, I don't know anybody in Amsterdam at all, and so lucky that I found this forum. I would appreciate a lot if someone can help me out or give me some advices smile.png

Anyway, it would be very nice to make new friends in a new city. And if anyone interested in visiting Finland or Vietnam, I'm here for your information smile.png

And sorry in case my post is not in the right place big_smile.png Thanks for reading my super long post big_smile.png

Kassie!

MiriamH

Hi Kassie!

Do you happen to be staying in Diemen? 'Cause that's where I live.

Miriam

Articles to help you in your expat project in Amsterdam

All of Amsterdam's guide articles