Menu
Expat.com

Sightseeing in Chennai?

Last activity 21 February 2012 by jacky77

november_butterfly

Hello everybody!

I managed to reach to Chennai too, i will be staying here for 1 week, and i will be mostly alone, since my bf will be working all day, so i was wondering if there is anybody who would like to join me in discovering Chennai, i wish to go sightseeing and of course to the famous Marina Beach. Also if possible i want to do some shopping, I heard silk is really famous here...

Doing all this alone would be a bit boring, besides, I dont know the place and it would take me at least 1 day to figure out the map and all.
I'm staying in Ginger Hotel near IT Park, CSIR Road.

Looking forward to hear from somebody.
All the best!

barunpatro

Ginger is pretty far from the main city. The places you'd like to see would be in and around T.Nagar area, Mylapore and Anna Nagar.

You can try out the local trains that should be light on your purse and quick deal, else you can choose to ride the bus (no guarantee if you'd get a seat or not unless you catch the bus from the starting point) .

Avoid the rickshaws, they're usually a rip off.

Getting a friend is a good idea. Once with a local, you'll have all the help you'll need.

what kind of hangouts/sightseeing are you interested in? You can meet up a lot of other expats in the city pubs and during the evening till late (upto 11.p.m).Your bf can then join you too.

I can hook you up with some friends but they all have office during the day. I stay in Anna Nagar. Let me know if you happen to come around this place and I can catch up during the evening.

Good day.

RAHUL321

hie november butterfly...
I am rahul ,living in chennai since 10yrs..
chennai is a very nice n safe city..there are many places where you can go and enjoy..there are many shopping malls if you want to have shopping...silk is famous in chennai but you should have good knowledge of buying it else people may cheat you..
I wish to meet you and help you out somehow..
try to contact me @ jatan_rahul@yahoo.co.in

awaiting your reply

november_butterfly

Hi guys,

Thanks for your info. Also with a bit of help from Google maps I could figure out the streets and stuff so yesterday I managed to visit some important parts of Chennai, the Marina Beach and some temples.
So i guess discovering Chennai by myself its not so bad...

But of course if u wish to join me, be my guests.

Best wishes!

P.S. Chennai is a great city, i'm loving it, like all things it has goods and bads, but I just pay attention to the goods and its great!!!!

jacky77

hi
i am frm chennai. into business.
were u frm advice.
just lke to hang out. mail me/set_77_99atyahoo.com
bye
jac

Articles to help you in your expat project in Chennai

• Things to see and to do in India
    Things to see and to do in India

India is a vast country with unique and interesting diversities. There are ample of opportunities and places to ...

• Sports in India
    Sports in India

Sports have always been an important part of the country's entertainment and culture. People are passionate about ...

• Accommodation in Chennai
    Accommodation in Chennai

Located in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, Chennai is one of the most developed cities of South India and is ...

• Working in Chennai
    Working in Chennai

Formerly known as Madras, Chennai is the capital city of Tamil Nadu. Rated as the fourth largest city in India, ...

• The Indian lifestyle
    The Indian lifestyle

India offers its visitors an invaluable experience if you are looking forward to a new way of life. The country ...

• Working in Pondicherry
    Working in Pondicherry

Pondicherry is a union territory of India, located 150 kms from Chennai in Tamil Nadu. It is a popular tourist ...

• Developing your social circle in New Delhi
    Developing your social circle in New Delhi

New Delhi is home to a wide variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures. Everyone here has varied ...

• Work permits for India
    Work permits for India

If you wish to work in India you will need to obtain a valid work visa. Work visas are specially designed for ...

All of Chennai's guide articles