Exploring Any Business Opportunity.

Hi, I am planning to go to Yangoon to explore any business opportunity. Any local or expats there willing to advise and help. Will be great to know someone rather than simply get someone....

Thanks,
James

Hello James, a new thread has been created on Myanmar forum as you were off topic on the previous one.

A little vast your post, more details maybe?

Anyway, Good Luck in your projects,
Harmonie.;)

jamesong wrote:

Hi, I am planning to go to Yangoon to explore any business opportunity. Any local or expats there willing to advise and help. Will be great to know someone rather than simply get someone....

Thanks,
James

Hi All, I am not just planning but confirmed going in March to Yangoon to explore any business opportunity. Any local or expats there willing to advise and meet up.

Which is consider the financial district?  anyone know where the stock exchange of Myanmar is located? Thanks,

Hi,

I think you do not arrive yet to Yangon.

You should go details on web about Myanmar. If you do not know even the big issue about Myanmar you should not come very fast.

Stock exchange is the big issue in Myanmar and there is not stock exchange yet and you need to know the reason why it does not exist here.

There is no foreign bank in Myanmar. Local banks just started to connect with other banks in South East Asia. But not complete connect yet. Why? Currency problem. IMF came here last December and went back and told us they are coming back. The tried to erase Foreign Exchange Certificate here but they cannot. Why? They cannot exactly our GDP, cannot know exactly our country's income and outgoing. There are many secret ways  coming and going out of money (US Dollars). I am 42 years now and in my life I have read and known officially our country's debt only when in last month. It was first published in Myanmar in my whole life.

No Stable currency. No Foreign and no Stock Exchange. I think it will can establish at least next 3 years.

Here, the most two hottest business are establishing second used car selling company and travel business at the moment.

I think above info works out for you.

Best,

Tin

Jediking wrote:
jamesong wrote:

Thanks,
James

Hi All, I am not just planning but confirmed going in March to Yangoon to explore any business opportunity. Any local or expats there willing to advise and meet up.

Which is consider the financial district?  anyone know where the stock exchange of Myanmar is located? Thanks,

Hi,

I have a car business in Germany.  We are thinking of exporting some second hand japanese brand.  I am planning a trip to Myanmar and meet dealer.  Any advice or help will be great.

Best,

Sam

Hi
I am looking for Expats job in Myanmar. I am originally from Myanamr amnd worked there for seven years through Hutchison Whampoa during late 1997 to 2005. I am consideing to move back there especially now the Country is changing at fast pace. If you are interested to do business in Myanmar please drop me a line and I have business contact and Government contacts there.
My email - jjcomservices@gmail.com
Look forward to hear from you
Regards
Stan

Hi,

This is exactly what I do for a living.
I would be glad to help.

Moe

Government regulations are frequently changing.  I will advice extra caution.  lot of business opportunity opening up.

hello,

i want to setup timber import business in myanmar, currently i'm living in india and i want to start timber business in myanmar.

How it can be possible and how much benefit in this timber business

what is the tax structure?

thanxs